GREAT for you!
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    you are ROCKIN those jeans! Good work
  • Heyman09
    Options
    You look great!!
  • Well look at you Ms. Thang! You look awesome! GOOD JOB!
    Success stories like yours are what keep me going!
  • itwasagooddeath
    itwasagooddeath Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look gorgeous.
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was in a 22, now a 16. You give me hope, thanks for sharing.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations on your hard work!
  • Twinklene
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • o2bADyer
    Options
    Fantastic!! :wink:
  • shquig
    shquig Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Amazing. For a moment I thought...wait, she went UP in size (according to post title), LOL. You look awesome and I bet it's so nice to shop in single digits, huh? Keep up the good work, you're such an inspiration!
  • Nleon4
    Nleon4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Those jeans don't make YOU look hot, YOU make the jeans look hot! :wink:
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    WOw ! you look great. What an inspiration. Can you please share some tips about your eating and exercise routine and anything else? Did you see too many ups and downs or was it a steady decline? Did you have cheat days...please share

I use a BodyMedia Armband to figure out how many calories I use throughout the day, and then use that to adjust my calorie intake for the day. I eat a minimum of 1200 cals, but if I have a high activity day, then I will adjust my intake to be 800-1000 cals less than what I burned. Example: I do a 60 minute Zumba class and go shopping, then come home and do chores - on a day like that I will usually burn 2500 calories, so on a day like that I will consume 1500-1700 calories. As far as what I eat, I will eat anything. I just pay attention to my portion sizes, and I log EVERYTHING EVERYDAY. But I have found that I tend to make better choices when I am logging my food. Funny how that cookie doesn't seem as appealing when you go to log it and realize it's 432 calories... for ONE cookie! :noway:

As far as exercise, I started out just doing 20 minutes 3 days a week on a treadmill/eliptical machine, and now I am going to Zumba 3-5 days a week, or jog/walk around my neighborhood. Wearing the armband has really helped me to see how sedentary my life normally is, and how important it is for me to MOVE.

My weghtloss has been pretty steady, with plateaus about every 18-20lbs. I hit "Onderland" about 2 weeks before Christmas, and then hovered at 198-201 until about a week after New Year, but then by the beginning of February I was down to 189lbs. Now it's been very slow, 11 weeks to lose 10lbs., which isn't really all that slow, but when you have been losing 1.75 - 2.5lbs a week, losing less than a pound a week feels really slow. But that's okay... as long as it doesn't move north, I'm good.

Since I allow myself to eat anything and everything, I don't need "Cheat Days". If I eat something, it's a decision and a choice that I make. Since I started logging a year ago, I don't think that there has been a day that I've eaten more than I've burned. Using the BodyMedia really helps me. I may not have had a calorie deficit of 800-1000 calories, but any deficit is still going to help me reach my goal, and so I don't understand the whole "Cheat Day" concept. I have to live this way for the rest of my life, not just for a specific period of time, so I have to learn to incorporate ALL food. I made it through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's enjoying family, food, drink, and desert, and I was able to maintain/lose weight!

OKAY... this turned out to be WAY longer than I thought, but hey... you asked! :laugh:
  • anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing!!!!
  • skanabar
    skanabar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    WOw ! you look great. What an inspiration. Can you please share some tips about your eating and exercise routine and anything else? Did you see too many ups and downs or was it a steady decline? Did you have cheat days...please share

I use a BodyMedia Armband to figure out how many calories I use throughout the day, and then use that to adjust my calorie intake for the day. I eat a minimum of 1200 cals, but if I have a high activity day, then I will adjust my intake to be 800-1000 cals less than what I burned. Example: I do a 60 minute Zumba class and go shopping, then come home and do chores - on a day like that I will usually burn 2500 calories, so on a day like that I will consume 1500-1700 calories. As far as what I eat, I will eat anything. I just pay attention to my portion sizes, and I log EVERYTHING EVERYDAY. But I have found that I tend to make better choices when I am logging my food. Funny how that cookie doesn't seem as appealing when you go to log it and realize it's 432 calories... for ONE cookie! :noway:

As far as exercise, I started out just doing 20 minutes 3 days a week on a treadmill/eliptical machine, and now I am going to Zumba 3-5 days a week, or jog/walk around my neighborhood. Wearing the armband has really helped me to see how sedentary my life normally is, and how important it is for me to MOVE.

My weghtloss has been pretty steady, with plateaus about every 18-20lbs. I hit "Onderland" about 2 weeks before Christmas, and then hovered at 198-201 until about a week after New Year, but then by the beginning of February I was down to 189lbs. Now it's been very slow, 11 weeks to lose 10lbs., which isn't really all that slow, but when you have been losing 1.75 - 2.5lbs a week, losing less than a pound a week feels really slow. But that's okay... as long as it doesn't move north, I'm good.

Since I allow myself to eat anything and everything, I don't need "Cheat Days". If I eat something, it's a decision and a choice that I make. Since I started logging a year ago, I don't think that there has been a day that I've eaten more than I've burned. Using the BodyMedia really helps me. I may not have had a calorie deficit of 800-1000 calories, but any deficit is still going to help me reach my goal, and so I don't understand the whole "Cheat Day" concept. I have to live this way for the rest of my life, not just for a specific period of time, so I have to learn to incorporate ALL food. I made it through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's enjoying family, food, drink, and desert, and I was able to maintain/lose weight!

OKAY... this turned out to be WAY longer than I thought, but hey... you asked! :laugh:

Thanks for sharing . I need to get a arm band too. Im not sure how much im burning otherwise and my loss hasn't been so steady. of course i have just started but i dont want to lose interest coz of slow progress
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    "Dang" is still the right word! Dang, Girl! You look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!