Retail Workers

Any one else find it hard working 8-10 hours days and getting enough good food in your daily diet?

I get home at 8pm and have no desire to make a meal, I want a drink and to go to bed.

I stand all day and I have been getting up and working out in the mornings but then at the end of the day I am not in the mood to cook anything and I am ending my days way too far under my goals.

Any tips?

Cell Phone Sales Rep
In need of Help

Replies

• id like an answer to this as well
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    You should plan your meals for the week, cook them and freeze them. You can do soups, chicken, pasta. When you get home late, just nuke them in the microwave. And if you're too tired, warm up a Smart ones or lean cuisine or a quick salad. I'm a pastry chef and I'm on my feet all day too so I understand.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Is it just yourself? Because I find that everyone is so hungry and grumpy when I get home that I have to make food or get mauled!

Crock pots/slow cookers are great - you can get small ones if it's just yourself and prep the night before, toss everything in before you go to work and if you've got one with a timer it's ready right when you get home.

The other thing you can do is pick a weekend to do some main dish cooking, pick a few recipes you like, make in bulk and dish them up into serving sizes you want in freezable containers. Homemade microwave meals!
  • Crockpot cooking! Throw all ingredients in crockpot before work, set on low....food will be ready when you arrive home. Also, can do this on weekends or when you are off and freeze proportion-sized bowls so all you have to do is pop entree into microwave.