I FEEL SICK! :o I don't know whats going on...

Options
I've been doing a copy cat version of the Medifast diet.
I did my research, and am replicating all of the nutritional facts of their 5 meals,
eating my lean & green meal, and taking whole food vitamins.
I believe this is day 5.
I had some CRAZY carb cravings today, and even almost got emotional over it.
I just finished my lean & green meal of lettuces, tofu, and cucumber.
Usually when I'm sick(flu or virus) I need to make myself vomit.
Right now I'm fighting to keep my food down.
Anyone know why?!?

Replies

• Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Eat!! you'll feel better!
  • brandypinky22
    brandypinky22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My best guess would be that your severe increase in fiber intake due to eating so many fresh veggies is causing gas/indigestion. This has happened to me when I change my diet before...give your body more time to adjust and maybe invest in some beano.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Why do you think the medifast diet is so great? I think that is the whole reason you feel sick.... your body needs all the vitamins and minerals, macros and micros to fully function. Doesn't sound like you are eating enough.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Eat!! you'll feel better!

The eating was what was making me sick... :/
    I not one of the crazy people that starves myself.
    If I'm hungry I eat..
  • crunchybubblez
    Options
    My best guess would be that your severe increase in fiber intake due to eating so many fresh veggies is causing gas/indigestion. This has happened to me when I change my diet before...give your body more time to adjust and maybe invest in some beano.

I don't think that's it.
    I've been on a mostly plant based for awhile now.
    Maybe it's because I cut out all the heavy carbs???
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Some brands of vitamins make me nauseous. Are the ones you're taking new for you?
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're actually sick. Whatever the cause, hope you feel better!
  • crunchybubblez
    Options
    Why do you think the medifast diet is so great? I think that is the whole reason you feel sick.... your body needs all the vitamins and minerals, macros and micros to fully function. Doesn't sound like you are eating enough.

I'm doing it because it was recommended by my Dr.
    But these reason I'm doing a copycat version is because the foods they offer are overly proccessed.
    I aim to eat about 100 more calories a day then what the program calls for, and adjust other nutrients for the correct ratio
    I do not deprive myself (with the exception of wanting pizza earlier) and eat when I'm hungry.
    I'm also taking organic whole food prenatal vitamins, so I'm not vitamin deficient...
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about that diet and I don't want to know. Diets don't work.

You need to eat mostly healthy foods that you like, within a calorie budget, in a sustainable manner.

If you keep feeling sick go to the doctor. Make yourself throw up? Why that is just plain silly.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Prenatal vitamins make some people ill. Try taking them at bedtime. That worked for me.
  • crunchybubblez
    Options
    No. I've been taking them for a year.
    I'm also taking an over the counter diet pill, but I've been taking it and hadn't had any adverse reactions.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    When are you taking the vitamins? If my stomach is empty when I have multivitamin, it makes me feel sick.
  • crunchybubblez
    Options
    I don't know anything about that diet and I don't want to know. Diets don't work.

You need to eat mostly healthy foods that you like, within a calorie budget, in a sustainable manner.

If you keep feeling sick go to the doctor. Make yourself throw up? Why that is just plain silly.

That would be great, but the reason it was recommended to me by my Dr is because I have a hormonal imbalance
    and wound up in the er practically bleeding to death, and it also makes it much harder to lose weight.
    This diet is recommended for people with health problems like mine to be able to get off or avoid being medicated.

I only get the flu once every few years if that...
    I don't see why it's such an issue that I make myself vomit to relieve the nausea.
    It's not like I'm bulimic, or doing it for weight loss.
  • crunchybubblez
    Options
    Maybe that's what it is!
    I usually take in the am with my protein shake,
    But I forgot and ate it with dinner.
    Maybe because it was tofu, it was to light of a meal to take then with.
    I'm going to assume it was that and see if this happens again.