Odd running question

Options
I am starting the C25K and need some advise. Is there a correct form when you run? I know in my fitness walking class they talked about different forms for different types of walking to help prevent injury and get the most out of it. I have problems with my ankles so I want to make sure I am doing what I can to protect them and I think form might matter? Any info is appreciated

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Google Good Form Running for instructions, diagrams, pictures, and videos. Good form will make your running more efficient and will reduce the chance of injury.
  • amandaxonicole
    Options
    I'm not sure how to answer your question. I just do a pace that's comfortable enough to stick with but I do push myself. Make sure you stretch really well before starting and after finishing. Stay loose and enjoy the run. Hope that helps...?
    I'm on week 3 of c25k and I love it btw :)
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Have you looked up Chi Running? It has some great stuff in it. I have a bad hip and have found success with the concepts in this book.
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Google Good Form Running for instructions, diagrams, pictures, and videos. Good form will make your running more efficient and will reduce the chance of injury.

Agreed. I don't remember the article but I found the advice useful for my 1/2 marathon training. You should have a straight line when you take a stride landing on the ball of your foot rather than our heel. It expends less energy letting ou run longer.