October Unprocessed Challenge 2012

Options
Who wants to take the challenge and avoid all processed foods for a month?

http://www.eatingrules.com/october-unprocessed-2012/

I'm going to give it a whirl. I may not be perfect, but it's about becoming aware of what we are eating, so if I slip up then I just get back to it at the next opportunity. What do y'all think? It couldn't hurt, right?

Replies

• nphillips0124
    Options
    That sounds like a good challenge! I will attempt it!
  • happypath101
    Options
    OMG! I've been saying forever that I want to eat clean. But, I'm scared. I go to Subway every Tuesday and I can't possibly make everything I eat..... OK. I'll ease into it. :O)

Let me think about what I'm willing to give up now and I'll check back in with you. (Feel free to kick my sorry butt!)
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I've already cut out everything I'm prepared to for right now but it's a great challenge I'll be sure to follow. Thanks for posting it. :smile:
  • msmindylee
    Options
    YAY! Nice to see that I won't be attempting it all on my lonesome, LOL.

I've been attempting to cut out processed food from my diet for a few months now. I thought I was a pretty clean eater, but when I really start to focus on this area I see a lot of little things here and there that I could do better on. Even so, it has had a pretty amazing effect on my body!

I don't currently own scales at home. When I signed up for MFP in April, I used the last known weight I knew, which was from the wintertime on the scales at the gym. In the interim (because my work schedule allowed it) my cardio exercise consisted of long aerobic walks (2-2.5 miles) with my husband and our dogs. My schedule changed again this week and I went back to the gym - weighed myself the first day and WOW, I had lost twelve lbs!

Believe me, it's not just from the walking. I really believe eating less garbage is making a difference. Hope more folks will give this a shot!
  • bmpal
    bmpal Posts: 36
    Options
    I have taken the challenge and signed up to go October Unprocessed! Andrew (the mastermind behind Eating Rules and the one who started this challenge) is an inspiring blogger and has a wealth of information to help you during the whole month. I highly recommend checking it out and giving it a whirl.

"You are what you eat." So true.