What is a low cal salad dressing ?

Options
My favorite is poppyseed, but is a little high on the cal count, any ideas?

--Opal

Replies

• I like the Wishbone Lite peppercorn ranch! It is 45 cals per serving.
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I buy walmart (great value) light italian it's only 7 calories per serving.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I squeeze lemon wedges over mine, doesn't get any lower cal than 0 :)
  • michelle0suzann
    michelle0suzann Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Yogurt dressing found in the refrigerator section. Range from 35 to 40 calories per serving with flavors like: ranch, blue cheese and parmigiano caesar. Pretty tasty!
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    a mixture of herbs, seasonings, and vinegar or lemon juice goes a mighty long way...sometimes I mix it with a touch of olive, sesame, nut, or sunflower oil
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with a previous poster that lemon juice is the way to go. I've also used lime juice and orange juice and a chopped herb mixture. Also a fan of the occasional tsp of seeded mustard.
  • charmingopal
    charmingopal Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Ha, I like this.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I like Ken'S light Caesar. Don't need much and 2 tbs are only 70 calories
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Plain old apple cider vinegar is great. Sometimes I get crazy and make a variation of a mustard vinaigrette by adding mustard (of course doieeee. lol) a bit of good quality oil, some pepper flakes and a bit of water. The kids eat it so it can't possibly be too bad. LOL
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to make your own, this is my favorite lately: http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/skinny-secrets/low-calorie-creamy-balsamic-salad-dressing I actually found the calorie count was less when I figured it out myself. So, so good!
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like Ken'S light Caesar. Don't need much and 2 tbs are only 70 calories

Ken's light sweet onion is delicious, 60 cals for 2tbs, but I only ever use 1tbs.
  • StarryWayfarer
    Options
    Today I thought I was doing well by eating a salad for lunch, realized that the dressing I used was WAY too high in calories/fat.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options

THIS! ^^ I do this, too.

But I just discovered a spray dressing that is low in EVERYTHING on the back. Can't remember the name but you can't miss it at the store. Three flavors: ranch, Italian, and balsamic. The ranch is REALLY good!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Paul Newman's light balsamic and low-fat sesame ginger are both very good, but use sparingly as they are strong, too.