Insanity/30DS

Options
Okaay... Not only am I scared of the Insanity work out, I'm terrified over the cost. I already have the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and was just wondering on everyone's opinion on both?
I know Insanity will get you the results you want in 60 days, but I don't think I can afford it right now. Should I start with the 30DS and go from there?
Please help!!

Replies

• mh569
    mh569 Posts: 41
    Options
    Bump...
  • Laurababsxo
    Options
    I really enjoyed the 30DS it gave me the motivation to work out everyday and improved my strength. I didn't lose a huge amount of weight but I think I definitely look more toned, ripped in 30 is also great, I've just started that now :) You don't have to spend a fortune to get great results, good luck!
  • mh569
    mh569 Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks so much!
    It's kind of discouraging that only one person replied to my post, it's my first one ever. I really appreciate your input!
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I finished up with 30DS a couple of weeks ago and it was FANTASTIC! It's great for beginners and from what I understand, Insanity is pretty intense. Maybe use 30DS for a month (in my case it was 6 weeks) and then try JM's other DVDs? I'm doing Extreme Shed and Shred now and I'm so glad I did 30DS. It built a great foundation :)
  • uyent
    uyent Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Common feeling to feel that Insanity is expensive. No worries! If you add in cost of tax and shipping, it comes to only approximately $2.34 per day for the 60 day program. Also, comes with nutrition guide. But with nutrition and workout (any workout) you will get results!
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It might be a good idea to start with 30DS. It's tough but not as tough as Insanity, so a lot of people use it to kind of work their way up to Insanity. Plus once you have finished the 30DS and you are really invested in your home workouts, you might not be as hesitant to spend more money on the Insanity DVD's if you know you are ready for it and are going to keep up with it :)
  • smccb
    smccb Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred and gained some toning from it, but didn't lose much weight - so a lot of that toning went unnoticed. :-)

I tried Turbo Fire next and lost 20lbs in just over 3 months. And had a blast. SO much fun.

I am now doing Insanity. I wasn't really looking to lose more, just to tone up - and that has happened for sure - WAY more than 30 DS. But not having as much fun as Turbo Fire. :-)

From my experience, if you need to lose weight - Turbo Fire is a great deal. If you are looking for some toning - 30 DS will start you out, but Insanity will take you WAY beyond.

Good luck!
  • JamieLee1013
    Options
    I don't know anything about the 30DS but I do know about Insanity. First, let me say, yes, it's INSANE. The idea behind it is something that really works. Interval training is great for getting the results you want and get really fit (not just physically but mentally too). BUT, I have known several people to do this workout and try the challenge, only to get hurt. It's VERY vigorous. Basically, its based on interval training combined with Plyometrics. Plyometrics are just explosive movements that utilize a TON of energy and therefore, provide a very intense work out. However, it also puts a large strain on your body, joints, bones, etc. I have a knee injury from hiking and tried this workout as directed, only to have to cut back to allow myself adequate rest. BUT, I can say that if you incorporate this into your work out routines as just a small part, maybe once or twice a week, it's likely more manageable. I might consider it a little bit more before spending the money.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS, it is a good workout and you will get results and become stronger. I have done Insanity as well, and it is pretty intense. If you are worried about the cost, you can find it on Ebay for a fraction of the cost. That is what I did. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 90 Day Body Revolution. It is around the same price as Insanity, but I like that it incorporates weights which Insanity does not. Since it is relatively new, it may be hard to find on Ebay, but I did the payment plan.
  • dawnkykong
    dawnkykong Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried 30DS but I have tried Insanity! It's INSANE Lol... I just tried Turbofire today and hated it. Not a fan of the dancing stuff I guess. Anyway, I loved Insanity.. With watching what I ate (not using the nutrition guide...only using the 'my husband is deployed so I don't over eat like crazy guide') I lost about 15 pounds. I wasn't extremely over weight or anything...Just had some pounds to lose. I would definitely recommend getting Insanity if you think it's something you could commit to. :) Good luck!