Singer in Training!

Options
My name is Lauren. I'm 23 years old. I am a musician--singer, pianist, and violinist.

The reason I decided to join the site and start keeping track of my food and exercise is to really be conscious of what I'm doing with my body.

I am applying to graduate schools for Voice Pedagogy. My body is my instrument. I need to take the best care of it.

I'm pretty average, 5'5, 150 lbs. I hope that with a little more effort, I can cut some sweets out of my diet, put foods in that I'm not eating enough of, and get more consistent and a wider variety of exercise.

So here's to working hard and living better!

Replies

• angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!

Be sure to focus some attention on strengthening your core/abdominal muscles. It really helps with breath support! (But I'm sure you already know that. :wink: )
  • kawiah
    Options
    I sure am! My teacher and I do a lot of breath work, and I definitely want to have the muscles to do better! :)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Welcome and the best of luck to you! My mother attended a music college for singing herself and before her heart surgery back in 07 was very active in choirs and symphony choruses, so I understand the type of discipline that entails, not to mention the condition your body must be in to achieve your best sound.
  • iamfishing
    Options
    Hi there...it sounds like you are off to a great start. MFP is a great tool and lots of supportive people on here. Work out hard, watvh what you eat and enjoy the results!