random feasting and gluttony tonight...

Options
my employer invited us out to eat for her son's birthday. i'm the nanny, so i was happy to accept - plus, they were going to a restaurant that my husband and i have always wanted to eat at but never have because it's so expensive. it was wonderful! but did i order a salad? no. i ordered chicken alfredo. did i pass up on the wine? no. i had a glass and a half. did i use good judgement and think about the benefits of not eating desert? no. i ate my half of the apple crisp cobbler with caramel sauce and ice cream. it was amazing.

do i regret it? i haven't decided yet. i probably will come monday and my weigh in, but for the time being i think i can live with myself. did anyone else suffer from a curve ball out of nowhere tonight? if you did, don't let it throw the rest of your weekend in a tizzy - i'm already trying to battle the 'why not?' attitude!

Replies

• Choconut
    Options
    Sounds like you had a great time! I think special occasions and holidays will always bring a little "over indulgence". Just keep sticking to your regular routine the rest of the time and think of tonight as a treat, not an everyday occurrence.
  • Midg
    Midg Posts: 6
    Options
    I did the same thing, but I feel disgusting =( . Glad you got to enjoy your dinner!!
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    In some ways I think it's good to over-indulge every now and then. I have heard it helps your metabolism. And I don't see anything wrong with it - especially for special occasions like that.

For me though, now that I am eating so much better, I feel TERRIBLE after I do something like that. Which is kind of nice in the sense that I used to eat like that all the time and tolerate it so it helps me focus on eating better. But, yeah, it sucks when you have a craving, indulge and then pay for it!

I don't think you should worry about it. Worrying won't help anyway and there's a good chance it's not going to affect your weight. :)
  • Giver
    Giver Posts: 1
    Options
    What is the point of going somewhere you have not been and may ever go and not enjoy it? Consider this your cheat day and be a good girl for the rest of the week, hopefully you were a good girl the few days before the dinner.

Congrats on the 5 pounds you lost so far. I'm glad the apple crisp cobbler was amazing :)
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. :smile:
    It's good to be "bad" every once in awhile.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I would've done it...and I have done it! Enjoy the experience out with friends and get yourself back in gear tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    What is the point of going somewhere you have not been and may ever go and not enjoy it? Consider this your cheat day and be a good girl for the rest of the week, hopefully you were a good girl the few days before the dinner.

Congrats on the 5 pounds you lost so far. I'm glad the apple crisp cobbler was amazing :)

I'll second this.....It's not like you can eat there every day...and ...you did'nt eat every bite of everything. I'm proud of you for savoring the moment (and opportunity!) to enjoy yourself....then climb back on the MFP wagon tomorrow and don't look back unless it's with a smile on your face, IMHO....:drinker:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    STOP WORRING ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY