Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Question.....

Options
Does anyone know how many calories (approximate) you burn during her 30 Day Shred Level 1 exercise? Thanks.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I burn 180-190 but it varies per person....
  • knw32183
    Options
    I read that her own formula for figuring calories is your weight x 3.267 divided by three. That total is what you burn in 20 minutes, I guess.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how hard you push yourself, and how much you weigh! Heart rate monitors that have personal settings like weight and height are great for this. Wish mine didn't give out on me!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    That Jillian, she's crazy.
  • gypsykitchen
    Options
    I log it as "circuit training" after reading that on another forum, and the numbers are pretty close to the formula mentioned above.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I am big.,. I use a heart rate monitor and when comparing it was pretty comparable to the "curves circuit training" but not the "general circuit training".

Avg. cals burned for me is between 180-190
  • Jac118
    Options
    Using a heart rate monitor, my numbers came to nearly exactly what MFP has for general circuit training for around 20-24 minutes; somewhere around 150 calories
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I had the same. MFP's circuit training estimate was pretty spot on when I started using my HRM. It does make a difference depending on your fitness level, as I only got my HRM when I'd already done about 4 months of Jillian. But I think I was at around 180 cals for the L1 workout.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Just log it as general circuit training. MFP does the rest.