Feel very unmotivated somedays....

Options
Some days I just feel very unmotivated, and I think it is because in almost 10 weeks, I've only lost 10 pounds. Yes, I know that is 1 pound a week and better than not losing anything at all, but I would really like to see that scale move. I work 3 to 4 days a week at a grocery store and it's very hard to be "good" while at work, but I've done it for the most part. I also want to lose a major amount of weight, say like 150 pounds, and want some good advice and support on how to push myself that extra bit some days.

Replies

• HSam0828
    Options
    I can't even imagine working with that kind of temptation! Be strong :) It's so hard to "think of how good you'll feel in the end!" But it's true :) Just take it day by day, and be proud of the little accomplishments, like not eating a cookie even though you really want one.

I found for myself the key is exercise, and without it the scale just doesn't move.

Keep going! Feel free to add me :) I log daily, and I try to be active and supportive on here. And, I'm really good at naggin :b
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've been on here 50 days today (woo!) and I've been really good, but I've lost one pound. I don't go off the scales mostly, what I try to keep in mind is I feel good, I sleep better and I went down a dress size.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to be able to lose a pound a week !
    We all lose motivation along the way, at some point. MFB is great for helping with that. Try looking through a few of the success stories ...... it will be you one day!
  • Samblantha
    Samblantha Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My scale moves slowly too… mostly because I’m finding it difficult to be consistently “good”. But the one thing that keeps me going when nothing else will is I know if I stop I’m just going to gain back what I’ve lost, and over time gain even more. That’s DEFINITELY not where I want to be. I would rather be losing even if it’s in very small chunks. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    A pound a week IS good, and most importantly it's SUSTAINABLE. If you have a lot to lose, you need to be patient, that's the best bit of advice I can give!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Only you know what motivates you and what doesn't. Are you the type of person that benefits more from weight loss with a drastic diet change or does increased exercise help? Maybe making even more changes in those areas will help boost your weight loss every week. BUT remember that fast weight loss isn't always the best type of loss...I know this is not what you want to hear but I think you already know this. 10 lbs is amazing...just think in those 10 weeks you could still be exactly as you were before you tried at all, or bigger! But no...you but your best self forward and did it. What is your current weight loss set to every week on MFP? Because you can adjust for a 2 lb a week loss if that's what you want. Let me just tell you from experience that I am 227 lbs, my biggest was 230 lbs...just last year I got my weight down to 179 lbs...and I was losing weight fast...eating only 1200-1300 a day, I didn't really incorporate too much exercise into my new diet [first big mistake] and second was that I expected too much too quick. Well, my b-day came around and you know how b-days go...you over indulge like crazy, not just for a day but usually a week!! That totally threw me off the wagon...I mean hard core.I gained it all back...and for what? It's because I never allowed myself to lose weight slowly....and I deprived myself to the point that all I wanted was my old sh*tty lifestyle back...and it was NOT worth it....it feels crappy gaining everything back and knowing you have to re-lose it. Just remember you're in charge of your body...you can make it do anything...it's about whether that's the smartest thing to be doing or not...because ultimately if you just keep chugging along you WILL get there....best of luck to you!!
  • ashlgh82
    Options
    So sorry it has taken me a while to reply to everyones posts. All of these have been great encouragement! And most importantly, everyone has made change to better themselves. Even if you have 10 lbs to lose or over 100, the fact is, is that everyone is trying. I have been, not so good the last few wks and after measuring myself (fist time) yesterday, I know what I need to do now. It's been really hard to motivate myself some days, but then there's other days that I am so over the top wanting anything and everything healthy, that I scare myself.

Yesterday was a GREAT day! Went grocery shopping, for produce snacky stuff and meat. (I have been blessed that my husband is actually very supportive and will eat whatever I cook for us.) Picked up some fruits for my son, and some fresh veggies. Went through the meat dept to see what I can pick up for my husband to cook thru the week while I'm at work. Then found some other low carb and low cal stuff to eat when I get that sweet craving and want to eat a whole chocolate cake. I am a fairly big girl, so when I get looked at, it makes me so self conscious that I want to cry. HOWEVER, the nice looking male store employee, looks up from what he's doing, to ask me if I need any help, and then proceeds to smile this huge smile and give me "the eyebrows." What....wait....did that just happen?? Maybe he likes big girls, maybe he was just being friendly, but what he didn't know, was that I NEEDED that!

Ultimately, my driving force is my 4 yr old son. I want to be healthier for him, and of course for myself, but for mainly him. My motivation is back and maybe it was just that I needed someone other than those who know me, tell me that I'm doing good, keep it up, or just that it's fantastic that I've made changes. Thanks everyone for taking the time to be my motivation. And whatever you are doing and how you are doing it, I'm certain it will help you in your journey as well. :-)