The best way to track calories that go into next day

Options
Hey all,

my sleep pattern and schedule is different. I wake up between noon and 2:30pm and sleep at 5 or 6am at the moment. Is it best to just track all calories I eat before my day is over and I go to bed in one day or track into the next day once midnight is here and the food journal automatically changes?

Replies

• birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I count whatever I eat between waking up and going to sleep as the same day, regardless of the time.
  • roguestates
    Options
    I've been eating and exercising late (12am) and going to bed late (3-4am), so I still log those workouts and meals as the day prior. It doesn't matter when I eat or work out, my sleep cycle determines which day it counts as :) When I wake up, it's a new day, no matter the time.
  • meghanp92
    Options
    Same thing happens to me, I hate when it switches over after midnight! I still count until I go to bed as the same day, though.
  • bobbers187
    bobbers187 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im a third shifter... 3 - 12 hour shifts so I sleep some nights then work others... Because of my completly odd sleeping and eating schedules I go strictly midnight to midnight. It seems to be working. I think the main thing is that your consistent.
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    hey there I do the same thing as you Sleep at 5 6 am and wake up between noon and 2...I changed my time zone i am in mountain time and i changed mine to hawaii time it helped out so much i truly recommend you do that then come 2 3 am thats when i eat dinner lol its still all in the same time zone. I hope this helps.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I go to bed pretty late, and have a snack before bed, but I count it towards the next day since it is actually the next day regardless of whether I have chosen to stay awake to some ungodly hour. It makes no difference to my mind which day I log it for in the end and it just counts as my breakfast since I am never up for any of that.
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I log whatever I eat from when I wake up, to when I go to sleep, regardless of where the sun is at.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Each day will balance the other out. Look at like an average over the week. Your reports tab can run those reports.
  • jthorpe47834
    jthorpe47834 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd count between waking up and sleeping as 1I day... if you are alotted 1640 cals and you eat more after midnight (say 300 cals) if you are already at your 1640 for the day and add the 300, your actually consuming 1940 cals a day...