Workout Clothes question....

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    OMG yes.. enough with the freaking shelf bra. obviously if i'm buying a size large i'm going to need more than a shelf bra and as a *ahem* well endowed lady, having to deal with a shelf bra is annoying enough that i dont even by the top because the built in bra ends up being too small.

and no pants with fold over waist bands. these just get in the way
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Comfort first. Then for me it's also about how well the clothing masks or hides my sweat. If a shirt or shorts looks as wet as they actually are when I'm done working out it probably won't be a favorite of mine for the gym.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    1. no colors I would stay away from. I like a basic color with accents of bright. Like black with hot pink, or charcoal with neon yello/green.

2. my biggest frustration: tell me why the sports bras in smaller sizes (C cup and smaller) are made to be more supportive (formed cup, zip-up, re-enforced T razorback style) And those are only available up to size 38 band size. At least readily found in department stores, because let me tell you, I have been looking. Why are these super-supportive styles not available in larger sizes? Bigger women need the support more than small women. Because breast tissue is mostly fat, plus-size women tend to be more endowed in that particular area. My mom wants a front zip sports bra in a 44 and I want supportive formed cup sports bra with a T back in a DD. Why is that like asking for the moon and the stars?!?!!
  • lleelloo
    lleelloo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear anything gray because when you work out and start sweating it soaks through and creates some really obvious, awkward and unattractive wet patches....
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    another thing,
    Tops need to be longer, especially in plus size and for very busty women. How do I say this delicately? Um, I don't like feeling like Winnie the Pooh with a halfshirt on when I do yoga or anything else that requires a lot of moving and stretching, even doing weight machines that involves reaching arms above my head.
  • bcdeadpool
    Options
    There's never any zip pockets in running shorts for women.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Love black fitness clothes, id like to be able to get khaki tops as well

Biggest problem? Finding tops that a. Are not bright colors b. Cover my stomach adequetly without displaying my flabby belly to the world when doing pushups, c. Are not stuffed with padding that makes me sweat more.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I like dark coloured bottoms and light tops - because it's cooler, I wouldn't wear a black top.
    I agree with the lack of pockets being a problem. I specifically seek out clothes that have a pocket for my iPhone - no pocket, no buy!
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't like how none of my work out clothes have pockets.. I have to put my iphone in my bra.
    Which is awkward.
    ^^^^^^^^^^ I have the worst time trying to figure out what to do with my phone when I go for a run.

This
  • FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1) I stay away from white and neon colors.

2) Biggest pet peeve are running/workout skirts with attached shorts that are too short! Less than a 4 inch inseam and those babies ride up like crazy! I have MANY running skirts that I have ended up cutting the shorts out of and wearing UA compression shorts underneath. When I run, I want to feel comfortable and not constantly tugging my shorts back down.
    2nd biggest pet peeve - tanks with sewn in bras. They are useless.
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    pale colours are not great . and as a tall girl with boobs i struggle to find tops that both fit my chest , and are long enough in the body ... a workout top in bra sizes would be good for me .. rather than s/m/l etc
    other than that breathable, durable,
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Personal preference but no Pink...hate it! And only fluorescent colours for outdoors for running and cycling in the dusk/dark.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'll echo pockets with zips.

And long shirts. I'm a short girl, and I'm now in a place in my fitness journey where I'm not totally mortified if my tummy gets exposed for about an inch... however, I'm frickin SHORT! how come all the tops I have are too short? I'm buying in the normal size (unlike the pants, see story below) but still... too short...

Something that's not been mentioned, and that I went through just this weekend because my old pants were too big: pants with elastic at the bottom: Yes, I know they're not attractive, but otherwise I step on the hem all the time. ALL the time. Even the ones that did have elastic in the bottom, the elastic was way loose, it just slips over my heel and I frickin step on the hem. I ended up buying a children's model just because the elastic at the bottom was good and tight. An alternative would be pants that would have a tie at the bottom, that you can adjust the tightness yourself. I once had pants like that but I lost them... so sad!

Something I will not buy ever again: pants with the wide "belt" at the top, that's supposed to look sexy- yeah, not sexy if the goddamn pant falls off my *kitten* because the "belt" has no actual elastic in it.
  • BrittanyErica
    BrittanyErica Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    white looks gorgeous.. but, if you're gonna buy it, don't expect it to stay white for long (unless it has no logo or design with other colors; then it can be bleached). baaaaaah, stupid sweat.. why can't you just be clear. -_-
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    what really gets my goat is how there is never enough large sizes for 22 -24 womens or bigger.its like they dont want to encourage you to slim down and want you to stay fat by not providing the correct clothing. pockets important and material that wicks away the sweat! and please dd sports bras.

rant over! lol
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The only colors I stay away from are white, orange, yellow, super girly pink (not all women love pink!) and neon.

Offer more than pink or pastel color options for women! I'm a girly girl, but I hate pink, show me some great jewel toned greens, purples, blues, maroon, ect.

I agree that shelf bras are useless and I refuse to buy any tops that have them. I've got a C cup chest and they just aren't good enough for exercise, even I need a compression sports bra to feel comfortable.

Offer some of those short sleeve hoodies for working out. Its hard to find them but they make working out so much more airy.

I'm not sure if you'll go into this direction but black socks for women! It is so hard to find these that are super thick cotton socks that are uncomfortable to work out in. Also offer them in more options than those ankle socks. I'd love a black cotton sock that I can fold over (cuff maybe?) for working out and work (I'm on my feet a lot at work).
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options

I have to put my iphone in my bra.
    Which is awkward.

noo don't put the phone in the bra.
    I destroyed about 3 phones that way.
    the sweat go into them.

yes i agree workout clothes need to have pockets for keys/ phones these days.

and i would wear any colour top that i would regularly (i dont normnally go in for the Hot colours (red/ orange)
    bottoms always somthing dark, blue black grey.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    what really gets my goat is how there is never enough large sizes for 22 -24 womens or bigger.its like they dont want to encourage you to slim down and want you to stay fat by not providing the correct clothing. pockets important and material that wicks away the sweat! and please dd sports bras.

rant over! lol

yes us large girls are the ones that really need workout clothes.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    My favourite workout bottoms have a small zip pocket on the back which is so useful for putting my door key when I'm out running. I only wear black lycra bottoms for intense workouts as they don't give embarrassing sweat patches. Different people prefer different lengths (ankle length, calf length or shorts) so be sure to offer a choice to suit everyone.

With tops I'm not so worried about sweat patches so wear a range of colours but like them to be breathable and fairly light weight. As others have said, double layered ones are just annoying as I stil have to wear a sportsbra too. I prefer them not to be too tight fitting as I'm sure people don't want to see my belly bulges in great detail!

Reflective features are good for outdoor running.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    1. Love all colors... no highlighter yellow or hot pink or hot anything

2. Sports bra. I have a large chest and finding the right support has always been a struggle! I wear 2 plus a tight tank top and during certain exercises hold my chest. I don't wanna hold on to my boobs while doing certain jumping exercises, but if I don't my chest hurts. I'd love to wear just one sports bra with appropriate support.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW VENTURE STEPHEN