Help, is sugar the reason I am stalled?

Options
I just expanded my diary to show summaries of protein, fiber, carbs, sugar and fats. I then took a look at my past two weeks. My sugar count is double what it should be per the diary. Is this the reason I am stalled even though I have a 1700 calorie deficit each day?

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    sugar and sodium are the devils (LOL) ... now that you are aware of it .... just eat less of the sugar and your stall should stop.... GOOD LUCK
  • hope34601
    Options
    Make it more protein (meat) and salad and vegs. I do 60 gr of protein a day with 20 being just before bed and have little or no sugar or carbs.
    The protein creates lean muscle, which uses more calories to digest it and causes weight loss. In 3 weeks I lost 13 lbs with very little excercise. Then started to stall, so added 1 mile walk.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have gone over in my sugar intake everyday by 15-50g's over the span of 4 weeks. How much sugar overage is a problem?
    A lot of my sugar comes from my fruits in my protein shakes, parfaits, and cereal I don't add sugar to anything.

I know that me having a cupcake is just bad bad bad but, I did eat it & I am not questioning that, just stuff like the above! :happy:
  • HorseFly
    HorseFly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You might take a look at fat as well. I followed the MFP suggestion on fat intake for a couple weeks with no success. Then I dropped it to half, and the weight came off again even though the calories were the same.

Also, how is your food intake over the day? Sometimes just eating the same foods more frequently in smaller portions will overcome a plateau.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I agree; somedays I go over on my sugar too. For instance, today for breakfast I had a boiled egg, yogurt, & a medium banana. With the banana & yogurt, I had over half of my day's sugar! I thought banana's were good for us, but it takes my sugar count up quick! I'm not even eating candy or sweets, just the fruit! :huh:
  • r1chy
    r1chy Posts: 48
    Options
    I am struggling with the sugar and I can see the cause of it. Go Ahead snack bars. Packet finished today and wont be buying them again!!

need to find a low sugar snack now!