1200kcals vs 1600kcals

Options
Good morning fitness pals!! Yesterday was my first day on MFA. I ate 1200 kcals but on the app it says I should eat 1600. Yesterday I was fine and didnt feel hungry at all. Should I carry on today eating to 1200 or eat more to get to 1600? I would like to lose weight quite quick but understand losing weight should be a slow and steady process.

Thanks in advance!
Coll :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Its up to your really. MFP gives you a guideline of how much you should eat to lose a certain amount of weight a week... Mine is roughly 1600, but at times ill eat 1200, other times ill eat more!
  • coll05
    coll05 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you, so i'll just go with how I am feeling..if i am hungry I will eat more if not i'll stick to 1200.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I found 1200 wasnt enough... Ok well it was at first but I started finding myself snacking so to counter this ive raised my cals manually to 1450 which I understand is still a reasonable number of cals to consume while still losing weight + exercise cals which I sometimes struggle to eat as much as I should.
    Im trying to stay under 1500 cals as I dont yet know what my maintenence is or how to calculate this?
  • jules080670
    jules080670 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was struggling after a few weeks on 1200 so upped mine to 1400 and have still lost weight, even the first week after upping them. I decided that, for me, slower weight loss was preferable to hunger!!