Any women using protein shakes?

Options
Just wondering what every one thinks of protein shakes?

Replies

• I love them! Don't have them that often, but they're delish!
  • AinatSkram
    Options
    I generally have one either after my runs & workouts, or for breakfast if I'm running late!
    I usually have 1% milk mixed with a Strawberry whey protein powder - yum yum!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    i have one after strength training - gotta rebuild those muscles!
  • dknmp
    Options
    I have one every morning after I work out. I make my own ... 1/2 cup rice milk, 1 1/2 cup water, a banana, protein powder and a 1/2 scoop each of trader joes super red and super green powders. Yummy, low calorie and high in vitamins and anti oxidants too. I try and stay away from the prepared protein shakes as some are quite high in sugar.
  • msmileyface
    msmileyface Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use them as a replacement for breakfast. It's a great way to start the day. Plus it's nice and thick which helps me swallow my gigantic vitamins, lol.
  • brisbaneangie
    brisbaneangie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been trying them recently. I'm at the tail end of my weight loss, and have started to really focus on building strength to supplement my metabolism now that I am smaller. I'm still trying around. I have opted to go for unflavoured, unsweetened protein powder from here in Australia (professionalwhey.com.au) so that I can tweak the flavours - i found the pre-flavoured and artificially sweetened ones are a bit yucky.

I have been making a morning shake some days with 1 scoop protein powder, 15 ml of chai syrup, ice cubes and skim milk (http://www.alchemycordial.com.au/shop/chai/13) which is super yum! I have also been doing one scoop with skim milk, ice cubes, instant coffee and a tsp of sugar which is a nice replacement for my morning coffee :) As spring is in here in Australia and its warming up, i' not minding these cold versions of my usual lattes.

Don't be discouraged if you don't like the first one you taste, you'll find one you like and you'll also adjust to the unique taste. I find protein really keeps me full and it's convenient if you're pressed for time some days.

Good luck :)
  • AngeliclySerene
    Options
    I use the Solal Whey Protein shakes after I bicycle. Usually around 4 times a week. Personally I would prefer not to use them and I have not noticed any significant weight loss from it yet. However I will say. we have just gone through winter and I did not get sick once. I believe it is down to this shake. Last year I was constantly sick. If I even looked at a friend with a cold, I would catch it. This year, I have been completely flu free during the winter. Since I started using the shakes regularly basically.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have one as part of my breakfast, right after my early run. Sometimes a small one after lifting too.
  • pepsi666
    Options
    I have one for breakfast as I just can't eat at the time I have to get up for work. I have it with water though as I don't like the taste when it's made with milk :-/
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    I drink one after every workout.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have one right after my work out. I'm always hungry and too tired to cook, so it's a great filler until the next meal.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I just started having one post-workout. I was afraid to try them, thinking they would taste awful but the 2 flavors I tried are both quite yummy!
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi shakes for me!!!!!!!!!!
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yes Muscletech, love it
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    "uSING" ?

Yes, I do. A few mornings a week.
  • Ila1227
    Ila1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have been afraid to drink them ever since reading a consumer report on mercury in many of them
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    sometimes I do herbalife shakes for breaskfast. not an every day thing lately.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I drink Special K milk chocolate protein shakes every day. Just one for breakfast and I'm full until lunch. The taste is a bit funny but after a while you get used to it and it's delicious :) They're a bit on the expensive side though, I get mine in bulk at a wholesale store nearby.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I usually have one for breakfast or as an after workout recovery drink. Love them!
  • kristineevans
    kristineevans Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yup indeed! Every morning for breakfast only use half the stated dose and some days when I train late I will have one for dinner when I get home ! I use maxi muscle though not the one for women .