30 Day shred L1 a little too easy?

Options
Has anyone found it too easy, after seeing the results ppl had while doing the 30DS I was expecting a grueling workout, I got out of breath and a little hot and sweaty, Im not in any pain at all and I woke up this morning feeling fine :)

Ive done level 1 once, the only modification I've made is the push ups, Im not capable of doing the military push ups (yet) I am working on them using the work out "100 push up challenge" along side the 30DS

I was thinking about going onto level 2, has anyone else found L1 a little too easy? did you move on or stick to the routine? Maybe the fact that Im doing girly push ups instead of military push ups is making it easier for me, even thou Im doing the modified push ups Im also doing more of them than on the DVD :)

Replies

• FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    See I, like you, wasn't in any pain after it, but was extremely out of breath, hot and sweaty...although I got ill and couldn't complete I was considering moving up to level 2 early. Am going to restart today, level 1 again, but if you are finding it really easy I would think moving up early and sticking with 2 for longer wouldn't hurt?
  • floridachikk
    floridachikk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS with 8lb weights to add intensity... To work out the legs more, Jillian says (in level 2) to hold the squat or lunge position (instead of moving up and down). I'm on level 2 now and I still feel like my legs aren't working quite as hard as my poor arms. I've also noticed that part of the challenge is working the same muscle groups day after day.... However, you are supposed to move up to the next level when you feel ready, so I might just move on to the next if I were you.
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If it feels too easy AND you have no soreness-stiffness the day after then it probably is too easy for you, maybe you're just in better condition than most people who start 30DS. I thought day 1 level 1 was easy too...but I was very sore the next day. I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that if you've got absoutely no soreness and you're not feeling challenged by the level, it's probably not doing much for you, aside from the caorie burn, which is not huge because the workout is pretty short. I don't think there's anything wrong with moving up a level. Level 2 has a lot of plank type moves that do wonders for the midsection and level 3 is more cardio using weights (my favorite level when I was doing it).
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    YEAH, found level 1 not hard, level 2 she does step it up, and it a bit more harder, however, I hurt my foot, and got bored by level 2 day 3...contimplating starting over, or not bothering...its been over a week since I stopped, not like me ,I usually follow through and finish things. :ohwell: may switch to insanity,
  • chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    Level 1 was pretty easy <I have problems with push ups as well>...so after 7 days i decided to move on to level 2 ...which is pretty hard...You can feel the sweat!...Also this has more planks over pushups so you don't have to modify anything ...Hence adds in the intensity...I also add in another 30 minutes of some kinda workout but stick to having 30ds everyday!...
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    You might like her Body Revolution programme. It gets really hard.
  • Sara_Bunny92
    Options
    Im doing 30 day shred right now and level 2 is a lot harder!
  • SalamanderMeg
    SalamanderMeg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use 6 lb weights instead of the little 2 lb ones to ramp up the intensity.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Humph! I found it hard! The cardio bit was easy but the strength was very hard for me. I'm always left with really sore glutes and thigh muscles the next day. I can swim 50 lengths in an hour and I thought I was in okay shape- but guess my muscle is lacking. Also I do go into the squats etc. really low, maybe thats why I hurt.

Plus - I overstreatched dueing the cool down and pulled my groin and set off my sciatica Hmph.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Im going to buy heavier weights today I was improvising with bottles of water, I didn't realise I needed weights before playing the DVD .... the heavier weights will/should make a difference, Ill do L1 with them and make a decision at that point :)

Thanks everyone glad Im not alone :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If you can't do the pushups, then level 2 might be a lot harder. There is a lot more plank work. Not to say you couldn't still do it but you might have to modify more than just one move and will you still get full benefit out of it? Give it a try and see. When I started 30DS I was very out of shape. (I was most sore after day 2 though) I could do just a couple of military pushups the first day. By the 10th day, I could do 20 of them. I know I wouldn't have been able to do Level 2 without first having done Level 1 for the 10 days.

Adding weight should increase the difficulty.
  • LauraMcCourt
    LauraMcCourt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have just started this today, as I only ever do 20-30 min cardio then about 8 mins weights (all at home) I really liked Level 1 as mixes everything up into 1, I used 4kg weights & I really felt it whilst doing the work out, can't wait to move up to Level 2!
  • ainsley23
    ainsley23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i found it easy too so i just used heavier weights (8lb instead of 3lb)
  • DNeumeier
    DNeumeier Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How do you enter this in your excersise log? How many calories do you think you burn?
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    for cals burned I use the formula that someone posted in the forums heres the link to that thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/722317-jillian-michaels-formula-for-calories-burned?hl=jillian+michaels+formula#posts-10628669

Im not sure if its accurate but I cant find any other way of logging it ... that formula says I burn 140cals for the 28 min workout, where as others say to log it as 20min circuit training which would say I burned 190 cals ... I tend to take the lower burn when Im unsure :)
  • DNeumeier
    DNeumeier Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, this is exactly what I needed.
  • LauraMcCourt
    Options
    I used a HRM as wasn't sure & it depends on how hard you are working! I burnt 196kcals in the 25 mins x
  • LauraMcCourt
    Options
    for cals burned I use the formula that someone posted in the forums heres the link to that thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/722317-jillian-michaels-formula-for-calories-burned?hl=jillian+michaels+formula#posts-10628669

Im not sure if its accurate but I cant find any other way of logging it ... that formula says I burn 140cals for the 28 min workout, where as others say to log it as 20min circuit training which would say I burned 190 cals ... I tend to take the lower burn when Im unsure :)

Just tried out this formula & it was way out to what I actually burnt...it works out 95kcals & I burnt 196kcals...it all depends on how hard you are working & I work hard with my exercise & make it count...also the heavier the weights you are using the more you will burn!

My advice is save up for a HRM for accurate kcals burnt...I picked up mine for £50 & there are some on the market lower than this, if you really cant save for one ask for one for xmas :) so worth it x