your diary isn't open
  • michellewild12
    michellewild12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ooooops sorry, it is open now :o) x
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance but is your calorie goal set to 650 per day? That seems very low if thats the case!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You're not seriously trying to survive on 650 cals a day!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You have already lost so much.. so if it works for you I guess it's OK.

For me 650 wouldn't get me through 2PM.
  • dycheelizabeth
    Options
    If you eat less than 1200 cals per day you risk putting your body into starvation mode which means your body will store everything you eat making it harder to lose weight than if you eat at least 1200 per day...unless a calorie intake of 650 has been cleared by a doctor for some reason I would call this very risky behavior...you need to give your body the fuel it needs to feel your best!
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Normally I would say you haven't logged enough to be able to give you an intelligent opinion. However, just the fact that your calories are set at 650 is more than enough. I really hope you'll spend some time reading these forums, as well as doing some research. I am normally in the whatever works for you camp. However, 650 calories is NOT okay. Period.
  • michellewild12
    Options
    sorry i hadnt switched it, i was on slim and save shake diet and lost quite a lot of weight on it,but once i came of i went back to my old habits,so have now joined the gym and i am watching my calorie intake,i have just set it to 1200 but i cant seem to reach it , what should my carb intake be xx
  • successiswithinme
    Options
    I agree, your calorie intake is seriously low in my opinion
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I want to lose one more stone and I was told to set my desired weight loss to half a pound a week as it is harder to lose smaller amounts of weight. You also have to have a diet that is sustainable with just a small increase when you are at your goal, otherwise you'll put it all back on again and have to start again.
    All the best.
    x
  • maryjay51
    Options
    definitely need more food . your calorie intake is really low as is the rest of the stats with protein, carbs ,fats ,..whats your fiber intake? look at your body like a car..if you put gas that is diluted with water in your tank then your car wont function right. i lost 80lbs so far and i eat six times a day. if i didnt eat right id have pooped out by n ow
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    no, its not ok..eat more
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Too low cals...Too high carbs, Too low protein...

Just in my opinion of course...
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that you have upped your calories for the day. Seems a little low for breakfast, though.
  • jojo4cats
    jojo4cats Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough to even reach your BMR, this will result in your metabolism dropping. Try to eat at least meet your RMR and exercise to create the calories deficit.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    OK, thanks for explaining why it was set so low!

To be honest, if you've only just switched to a new routine, you'd be best trying it for at least a week, 2 would be better, and then analyse the results, including your diary.

Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    troll much!?
  • michellewild12
    Options
    troll much!?

what is that supposed to mean ??