I'm not new, but I'm back

Options
Hi everyone!
I spent about 8 months religiously logging here and was extremely successful. I lost 45 pounds and was in the best shape of my life. Unfortunately, over the late Spring and Summer, I gained back about 25 of those pounds, was quite lazy, and fell back into a lot of my old habits - ordering food in instead of cooking, eating a lot of junk food, rarely exercising, and just generally being lazy.

I'm reintroducing myself because I'd really like to connect with some people that are interested in having a close, motivational relationship. I love when people challenge me and it's nice to know that someone will say "hey, did you go for a run today?" because if I know someone will be asking, I'm more likely to get up and actually do it. At least at the beginning, that accountability is important.

If you're just starting or you're already well on your way, send me a friend request and a message and let me know about where you're at!

Replies

• sazsmo
    Options
    Hey did you go for a run today?
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It's still barely 9am here and I've been working for 2 hours already! I do have 90 minutes of yoga scheduled for tomorrow night!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Well welcome back! I've been there and actually in the same situation trying to re-lose these pounds again.
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    How aboun now, you run yet?! Let's go kid!! Hurry!!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me.

Btw, get your butt off the couch and get moving!!:laugh:
  • meldins0831
    Options
    Hey David! I'm just starting back as well. I got really lazy this summer too and didn't track anything I ate or drank. Welcome back and hopefully we can motivate each other!
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

You know the routine! I have been there myself and I'm back to finish off what I started!

Easy to fall off that waggon can be tricky getting back on it.

But you're back and good luck!

Add me if you like!
  • Reecee74
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm in the same boat as you. I went to the doctor yesterday and was totally caught off guard by the amount of weight that I have allowed to creep back up on me so I'm trying to jump start myself again as well. Good luck on reaching your goals!
  • Todd08
    Todd08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Same thing happen to me over the summer! But I,m back and ready to get back at it..
    Add me if you like!
  • Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm not new and I'm back too. Lost my way over the summer but its September and time to get back on track.
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, not new, but back. Sadly, I'm a repeat offender. This time, I feel different about it. There's more at stake this time, and I realized the other times it was solely a vanity project, and that I didn't care about the healthy benefits. This time, I'm actually scared of how my health has been recently.

I've been on here for 17 days so far, and they say 21 days makes it a habit. I'm enjoying my workouts and having fun. In these 17 days, I've noticed an extreme difference in endurance, energy level, a loss in the weight around my face, and I'm beginning to sleep better.

Let's make this time the last time we have to "start" on here!
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me ... I'm in a similar situation. :happy:
  • brenda07810
    Options
    I'm starting again too. Trying to get back on track. Wish me luck!
  • brenda07810
    Options
    Also, Good Luck to everyone! We can do it together.
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    How aboun now, you run yet?! Let's go kid!! Hurry!!

Being a high school teacher is basically running around like a chicken with your head cut off for 8 hours a day. Does that count?