Is it really this easy?

Options
Hi, I’ve only just started using MFP properly for the last few days and I seem to be eating a lot (thick toast for breakfast, paella for lunch and admittedly a smaller dinner of omelette and salad) and still keeping to 1200 kcals.

I suppose what I’m worried about is - can this actually work when it feels like I’ve spent years starving myself then binging and never really losing weight.

Is it really this easy to lose weight?

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Frankly, it was for me.

I did find that minimizing high carb foods like pasta and bread made it a lot easier. That was the easiest and most important diet change I made.

Good luck!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    It's that simple.

It is not easy.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    It's that simple.

It is not easy.

This ^
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    It's that simple.

It is not easy.

^^This.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Not easy at all. Not in the slightest :( I been working my guts off for 6 months & am still going hard at it, but with great results :) But it is not easy, you will need to go over 1200 sooner or later & when you do you will find the amount of sugar in toast is not good. Nor the amount of carbs. Last time I had bread it made me feel sluggish.
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Yea. It is. I wouldn't have believed it for myself until I started looking more intently at what I ate and when I ate it. Now lots of fruits and vegetables and more water in my system....the weight just melted off. Keeping to a strict diet and exercise until I made it habit for myself. Pretty simple.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The only challenge is to keep doing it.
  • LMB68
    LMB68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Haha good point guys. I suppose I’m finding it easy at the moment because I’m actually eating in the day and therefore not gorging at night and feeling guilty and rubbish.

I'm only doing 1200 as that's what MFP recommended.
  • mrramsey
    Options
    It's that simple.

It is not easy.

^^This.

haha yes this again :)

Something I have come to realize is that we really seem to over complicate things. No, it is not easy and does take discipline but the concept is simplistic.
  • samlankford
    Options
    just make SMART choices... try to stay away from sweets, foods with white flour in them... eat more vegetables and try to stay away from overly salty items... once you get used to a healthier way of eating it is very very easy to drop weight and keep it off...
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes, simple and not so easy because you are being made aware what you are eating. I have a lot of comfort foods. But by logging you see what you had for the day and you can also track how you feel on those days you eat certain foods. I find that if I eat foods high in carbs I tend to be hungry more and want or eat more in the way of snacks. The best part is you see what the calorie count is for certain foods and it is an eye opener. But it comes down trying to eat healthier (smarter) and more calorie burned then calorie intake to lose weight.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    It sure can be. :) You don't have to starve to lose weight. Just choose better foods that are more filling but small in portion. And you'll be fine! I'm glad you're seeing the positive side to this!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It's that simple.

It is not easy.
    Perfection.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It's that simple.

It is not easy.

^The absolute truth.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and keeping it off is never easy. I look at this challenge as a total lifestyle change. I don't want to count calories for the rest of my life and I don't want the weight to be put back on. While I am counting my calories I am also learning to cook and eat healthier.
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Easy peasy, lemon squeezey
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    It's that simple.

It is not easy.

^^ Well stated!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Don't worry and don't despair if/when the weight-loss slows down and maybe even stops for a while - don't worry when you don't lose weight (or even put some on).My body will store water to keep the space where it expects me to start rebuilding those reserves it has been painstakingly accumulating. I assume others are the same.

Keep at it - and most of all, don't be tempted to reduce your calories in an attempt to restart the meteoric losses that so thrill you at the start. Eventually, your body will catch on that the 'famine' is now and it really is time to call on those reserves you so deplore and want to get rid of..
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It's that simple.

It is not easy.

couldnt have said it better :) close the forums :)