First week done over 5lb lost!

Options
Hello guys, Its my first week and I am hooked (Probably not the best thing but its working!) I love how I have really started to think about what I eat, and when I eat it, already in 7 days I have lost over 5lb! down 2 points on my BMI and lost at least 2% body fat! (although very little moment in weight the last couple of days as expected! Is my body getting used to the new healthy me?)

I am only eating good food, (chicken, fish, egg, brown rice, beans, seeds, pulses, loads of veg, salad, cottage cheese, healthy yogurt and fruit, replacing mince with veggie fake meat instead) I am making sure to eat regularly just making sure its all good clean food!) For example breakfast today, 2 boiled eggs, one small slice of brown wholemeal bread (no butter or spread)

Amazed I even have this will power! Although I do keep going over on the sugar (but its all from fruit!?!) Generally I am also hitting under my RDA for MPP which is 1290. I am also not really replacing the food I lose through burning the calories (Tai bo work out videos and wii) unless I am actually feeling hungry. Is that going to cause problems? Tips would be great!

So I ask, now I have the first painful (actually it was quite fun!) week out of the way, what is there to expect, whats the science stuff doing to my body? I am loving the forum and spend a while each day going through the posts and it really helps make me feel motivated. Looking forward to becoming a regular here :) Thanks SO much Myfitnesspal finally making it easy for healthy living! Right now off for my workout! Burn it! x

Replies

• StuckeyLaRue
    Options
    Carbs and sugar are just as much addictions as smoking or any other habit that you have trouble breaking. And so is eating poorly You've done a FANTASTIC job for your first week and you're well on your way to breaking those bad eating habits! As you keep up this new healthy way of eating/living, your body will adjust to it and come to EXPECT it. Eventually, foods you formerly indulged in (particularly fast food) that were bad for you, if you eat them again, they won't taste the same to you and your body will likely have a reaction to it that can differ from person to person. One thing I would suggest is that you not only weigh yourself, but measure yourself. Sometimes when you hit a plateau, you may not be losing pounds, but you're still losing inches. The scale is only one way we measure our success and it isn't always reliable. Kudos to you for making such a change and sticking to it!! Keep up the AWESOME job you're doing!
  • sazsmo
    Options
    Thank you :) This made me smile! Fingers crossed I can keep it up, feeling awesome today so thats a good sign for the rest of the week! I will have to get the tape out and see how I am doing for inches!
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! The one caution that I will give is to not consistently expect a loss so big. Typically the first week or two, you lose a lot of water weight that you were retaining from a higher sodium diet that you've probably fixed by eating better quality foods. 1 to 2 pounds a week is something that should be celebrated just as much as this.

Congrats!
  • sazsmo
    Options
    Thanks David! Yeah I am expecting it to slow down now I will celebrate any weight lose even if just a tiny bit! Can't wait to see where I am in 5 weeks!
  • brooklynsprings
    Options
    I feel the same way! My first week and down 5...YAY! And congratz to you :0)
  • sazsmo
    Options
    Woohoo! I will add you as we are in similar places by the sounds of it! Keep it up!