Snacks with some protein

Options
Does anyone have any good snack ideas that include some protein?
I've been eating some small portions of nuts but they are very small portions and so high in fat so I'm looking for something better I can replace them with that includes a bit of protein. Any ideas would be great :-)

Replies

• ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    reduced fat houmous, boiled eggs, small tuna salad. I put a recipe on here (in recipe section) Protein Flapjacks - very tasty flapjacks with added protein powder. You could also add nuts and different fruits, seeds etc to the mix - and really, really simple to make. x
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese - or any cheese really, Greek yogurt, boiled eggs, peanut butter, oatmeal, something with milk, pumpkin seeds..how much protein do you want for a snack? you can have a chicken breast, some jerky, a can of tuna with crackers...

Look at people's diaries for other ideas - especially those that do a lot of weights will generally have higher protein intakes. Mine's not super high but I get about 120-140g a day. Diary is open if you like just ignore the weekends LOL
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Roast beans like soy beans, wasabi peas, edemame, broad beans etc.
  • karrathachick
    karrathachick Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies :-) They're some great ideas I hadn't thought of, I'll give them a try :-)
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Great question. I'm usually over on fat but never get enough protein.