What would you do?

Options
spicypepper
spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
So, I've got 2 companies that want to hire me. One would be a part time admin job. M-F 9-1. Easy peasy no brainer job. I would be able to still be a Realtor in the afternoons and weekends and it's like 20-25 min from my boys school.

The other company has decided they want me in sales; also part time but M, W, F from 8-2. (originally applied for an admin position, really was holding out for this one).

Company 1 has already offered up salary and the job. Company 2 is apparently really busy and short staffed. It's taken them 3 weeks to get me to interview #2. They called me Saturday an told me they'd accommodate my childcare needs (out by 2, etc.) and that they wanted a 3rd interview with the director of sales. To which I thought was happening Saturday. It didn't...

1:15 this morning I got a text from the CEO asking me to coming in tomorrow. Seeing as how it's taken a month to get this far, should I go and see what they offer? Would you be concerned that if it's taken then this long to get me into a position that the way thy operate would be flighty? It's a start up company that I'm really interested in. The Man (hubby) is pissed and told me to move on, but I just can't seem to let it go.

Would you go to the interview and see if they hit your money maker sweet spot? Or would you drop it and move on?

Replies

• Tisha9377
    Tisha9377 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you have already put in the time to do the first two interviews.. I would say third may be the charm.. What can it hurt to see what they offer you. I don't personally like Sales, but ALL in ALL we sell everything we do in life by how we carry ourselves and if you want this job, start up or not, your assets to the company could make the start up company even better... Not to piss hubby off further, but do what your heart tells you.. If you can't let it go then maybe there is a reason you shouldn't!!!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Sure - what do you have to lose at this point? Maybe it will be a very sweet deal. Especially if they are short staffed they may be the "grand prize"

Go for it!!
  • Tsmartin07
    Options
    Go in and see what they are saying. The fact that they are starting up probably means that they dont have everythign together right now. So if you do go with them you'll have to be pateint :) BUT I woudl say go to the interview and see what your gut tells you. It might be a career changin oppurtunity that you will have to make some sacrifices for in order to reap the benefits later on.