recommend good workout dvd's

Options
I am looking for some good work-out dvd's but I want ones for cardio/areobics no weights involved in the workout. Anyone know of any good ones out there?

Replies

• Simonino
    Simonino Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi! I loove Billy Blanks dvd's, Insane Abs or Billy Blanks Favourite Moves. You have a lot from wich you can choose, I really recommend his dvd's. Good luck on your journey!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The only workout DVD I would recommend is any of Davina McCall's. For those of you outside the UK, she's a British television presenter which, whilst not seeming like the obvious criteria for being a fitness expert, still seems to hold her in good stead. She's in her 40s, had a few children, and looks incredible. Fit, slim and not one of those ridiculous 'sleb DVDs which comes off the back of a failing career/liposuction/obvious set-up 'before' pictures etc.

I used to use her 'Power of 3' DVDs when I was a poor student who couldn't afford the gym, and have to say they worked me hard. Some of the workouts use weights, but not all, and she has several DVDs to choose from.
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have a few dvd's that I use regularly.

I mainly use Jillian Michael's which are great as you do strength and cardio at the same time (recommended if you're trying to lose weight but not lose muscle mass) but you need hand weights. If considering her DVD's start with the Shred.

I also use Tracey Mallet's Quickblast DVD which is great as each section is 6 mins long and a timer counts down in the corner so you know how long you have to go to really push yourself. Being honest I've only used the first 3 sections (which are high intensity cardio) as the others need a ball which I havent got yet. She has a quite a few that get great reviews but this is the one I have > http://www.amazon.com/Tracey-Malletts-Minute-Method-Total-Burner/dp/B000YPQ35M/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1347363325&sr=8-9&keywords=tracey+mallet

The Biggest Loser workouts appear to give great results too. I use the UK version and I love it, gives me a fantastic burn according to my HRM. The US versions get fantastic reviews.
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Insanity workout series right now and I love it. Lots of cardio, no weights, but strength training using your own body weight only. It really pushes me and I sweat like crazy.
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Insanity workout series right now and I love it. Lots of cardio, no weights, but strength training using your own body weight only. It really pushes me and I sweat like crazy.

Agreed! Would highly recommend! I am on the recovery week and each day look forward to my work out with Shaun T
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i agree with the Davina workout, i used those and they will give you a good aerobic workout, some do use small hand weights, but are generally good, im use Jillain Michaels dvd's now and find they really do the trick, again she uses small hand weights in most of them,but not in all.
  • sobit1970
    sobit1970 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just purchased three biggest loser dvds The Bootcamp, At home Challenge and weight loss yoga. I also purchased jilian Michaels Shred it with weights. I love these dvds! A friend of mine has had excellent results using these dvds and I have just started them. I love Bob and Jillian!!! You can order them off Amazon alot cheaper then anywhere else also.
  • LrdTwitchyMcChin
    Options
    Some of my favorites are:

Hip Hop Abs (Beach Body)
    Insanity (talk about cardio!!!)
    Supreme 90 (but weights are involved)
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred
    Zumba (shows how incredibly uncoordinated I am)

Those are a few that I have used and will use again once I'm 100% post surgery.
  • wicklc
    wicklc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's "Burn Fat Boost Metabolism" good cardio- no weights!
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my " Pump it Up" ones, good tunes and a lot of feel good factor, have worked wonders for me x xx
  • sheilahoff5
    Options
    I have only one word - INSANITY!!!!
  • NMorse1907
    NMorse1907 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you like the dance type of dvd's, Jennifer Galardi's Dance off the Inches: Hip Hop Party is a great one. I lost 35lbs a few years ago doing only this tape 6x a week. I am back to doing it 3x a week myself.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Leslie Sansone's walking DVD's! Some incorporate stretchy bands, hand weight, including light weight balls, and a walk belt, BUT you don't have to use any of these. Her walks are fun and challenging. Most of the music is really upbeat. She incorporates different moves that are steps not used in regular outside walking. How often do you walk backwards when you are outside walking? Or side steps and leg lifts? They work the whole body and are workouts for every age group from kids to the elderly. I recommend her workouts whole heartedly. If you can't find them in your stores you can order them online from Walmart.com. You should be able to find her whole selection there and they are even cheaper than her own website. (Altho she does have AARP discounts). She's been around for many years and has new dvd's almost yearly.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I usually hate workout DVD's but a few months ago I bought a "Dance off the inches - latin party pack" It came with 4 workouts and it was $25 bucks which I didn't think was bad.

Now, 1 workout focuses on cardio (35 minutes I believe), one seems kind of like cardio to me but I guess it's not as quick paced (38 mins). Then the other two are both toning workouts, the pack comes with 2 1.5lb weights to tone arms, legs and abs. One is 20 mins and the other is 13. I'm not sure why you want to avoid weights unless you just don't want to build muscle. These 2 aren't really to build strength, just to tone what is commonly trouble areas.

The workout set comes with a 30 day guild, what they suggest you should do each day and you could always skip the two toning workouts if you wanted...either way, you aren't doing those every day.

Each workout uses latin dance steps as the base lines for all the moves so it's kinda cool to learn to salsa as you go!
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this helps alot :happy:
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Leslie Sansone's walking DVD's! Some incorporate stretchy bands, hand weight, including light weight balls, and a walk belt, BUT you don't have to use any of these. Her walks are fun and challenging. Most of the music is really upbeat. She incorporates different moves that are steps not used in regular outside walking. How often do you walk backwards when you are outside walking? Or side steps and leg lifts? They work the whole body and are workouts for every age group from kids to the elderly. I recommend her workouts whole heartedly. If you can't find them in your stores you can order them online from Walmart.com. You should be able to find her whole selection there and they are even cheaper than her own website. (Altho she does have AARP discounts). She's been around for many years and has new dvd's almost yearly.

Totally agree!!!!
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    All I got to say is Turbo Jam. I love Turbo Jam.....I lost a dress size in two months..
  • CooperA1979
    CooperA1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Jillian M - Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is pure cardio circuits with no weights and is great!
  • kathendo1984
    Options

hello where can you buy these from, im in the uk. xx
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    I have only one word - INSANITY!!!!
    i want this but dont no where to buy it, ive looked on ebay and amazon and play, help im in the uk xx