Trying to renew my motivation

Options
I joined MFP in November 2011 after visiting my cardiologist and he insisted that I drop at least 30 pounds and lower my cholesterol. Between November and May, I lost 40 pounds. Then summer happened. Vacations, activities, travelling, crazy schedules, late nights, weekends away ... I did not consistently log, and then I stopped exercising all together! I've gained back several pounds. :sad: Time to put my *kitten* back in gear and continue with my loss.

I'm 46 years old, mom of a 5 year old and a 4 year old, working full time. Currently sitting at 207 lbs, with a goal of 165 or 170. Looking to add some new friends - I prefer open diaries, as it is very motivating and inspiring to see other's meal plans. Thank you! :happy:

Replies

• luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I am in the same boat as you. Our company awards us with a 3 month sabbatical for every 10 years of sevice. Well I had my second one this year and went to Europe and Mexico for the three months. I too gained back at least 10 pounds and am back to get rid of it. Please feel free to add me to your circle of friends if you like. Good luck to you!
  • lynn_1972
    lynn_1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WOW thought I just sat ehre and read my own post till I realized I didnt write one yet lol
    but same thing happened to me and as of today I am getting bk on track even if it kills me!!!
    feel free to add me if you would like a new pal!!
  • werda153
    Options
    Hi, I just found this site and am going to give this a shot! I have to do something! Had a "chest pain" scare that landed me in the ER on Labor Day weekend. I presently weigh 195, and am excercise-phobic! I don't know why- anyone else ever felt like this?