Im Hungry!!

Options
Nmama
Nmama Posts: 191 Member
I dont get it. I eat foods with fiber, that are filling...and Im still hungry!!! All the time. For the first 2 months I was fine. Now Im so hungry all the time. I eat things like Oatmeal, Whole wheat pasta with brocoli, lean chicken, etc and Im still so hungry all the time! For the last few weeks. I exercise about 4 days a week for about 45 mins. Ive been going over on my cals almost everyday. I eat about 1500. I drink lots of water too. I just dont get it!

Replies

• meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You should try eating filling foods with less calories. For example: grapes, wheat toast, carrots, bananas, apples. Those are all under 100 calories, and trust me, it fills you! Sometimes I feel so hungry and Ill have almonds and a cup of grapes, and I am full before i finish! hope it helps! Try drinking a big glass of skim milk too. That tends to fill me up!
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    You should try eating filling foods with less calories. For example: grapes, wheat toast, carrots, bananas, apples. Those are all under 100 calories, and trust me, it fills you! Sometimes I feel so hungry and Ill have almonds and a cup of grapes, and I am full before i finish! hope it helps! Try drinking a big glass of skim milk too. That tends to fill me up!

agreed. snack more and eat less at meals...i am a total snacker and i feel satisfied and normally stay under my 1,200 calories a day. every body is different, but just try eating less more often if you don't already. make sure you're drinking lots of water too!
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    Since you've lost so much weight (18lbs) maybe you should adjust your calorie intake now?? IDK....just a suggestion.....aren't you suppose to adjust it with significant weight lose???
  • stephjohnny
    stephjohnny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I dont get it. I eat foods with fiber, that are filling...and Im still hungry!!! All the time. For the first 2 months I was fine. Now Im so hungry all the time. I eat things like Oatmeal, Whole wheat pasta with brocoli, lean chicken, etc and Im still so hungry all the time! For the last few weeks. I exercise about 4 days a week for about 45 mins. Ive been going over on my cals almost everyday. I eat about 1500. I drink lots of water too. I just dont get it!

Glad to see I am no the only one. I am going through the same thing right now.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I do snack. Well actually cut up my meals into 5-6 of them so I dont have a chance to get overly hungry. Im just having the hardest time right now. Ill eat a banana and some milk, or grapes and peanuts and then be starving a half hour later. I homeschool 3 kids so Im always busy, so I dont think it can be boredom. My stomach is literally growling. Ill go recalculate my calories and see if that makes a difference. thanks :)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one. If you're hungry, you may not be eating enough. Try increasing your calories by a couple hundred and see how that feels and find out how it impacts your progress.
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options

agreed. snack more and eat less at meals...i am a total snacker and i feel satisfied and normally stay under my 1,200 calories a day. every body is different, but just try eating less more often if you don't already. make sure you're drinking lots of water too!

just so you know, 1200 cals is the bare minimum you're supposed to have per day. Anything less is considered starving yourself and might make you lose weight slower.
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I was having this same problem. I talked to my Dr., and she told me that my body was telling me that I need more food. MFP had me at 1200 calories. On my exercise days I did okay with this, but I was starving on my off days. My Dr. has told me to eat 1500/day now. I am just starting this this week, so hopefully this will work.
  • atlmom
    atlmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    try adding some protein. i had a cheese snack that filled me up the afternoon. mini baybel cheese, light. or i've heard soup is good.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! For me, eating a high fiber food never fills me up. I can eat two apples, or a huge bowl of plain veggies and I still feel all stomach growly afterward. However, I have found that when I have some protein, I don't feel this way. If I add some LF cottage cheese with my fruit, or mix in FF SF yogurt, I find it much more satisfying. Or a small piece of 2% cheese with my veggies, etc. I also find the Kashi snack bars very satisfying. :)
  • coreenfw
    Options
    I almost always have this problem, and find nonfat milk fills when a lot of other higher fiber and carb foods don't. Just my tip. :wink:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Do you drink alot of water? That helps me stay full or I drink tea. But as other people said you may just need to eat more.

~Leash :heart:
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    Do you eat your exercise calories?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Add in some foods with healthy fats. Almonds, peanuts, fish, etc. Fat is filling. So is protein.