xbox users- newbie thick question......

Options
Hi, just a thick question (as aint owned Xbox before lol) im bout to get xbox live whoot lol, i take it with games that says xbox 360 i can play on the live? sorry to be so damn thick lmao

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    If it says Xbox360 on the box, it should run on your Xbox360.

Assuming your game cases are the same as mine, on the back, the left hand side, near the bottom. In green it will have offline features, and in orange will be online (live) features.

Not all Xbox 360 games are playable online, such as many RPGs or adventure games. These games may have downloadable content or Live leaderboards, so that you can buy extra content, or compare your scores to others, without actually being able to play with them.
  • i haven't brought the console as yet, but am planning to for chrimbo and have it as a family console in the lounge and i want cod n obviously its a multi game lol i take it i can get 360 n buy live points what ever it is to go online? so sorry to be so thick, im use to the crappy wii lmao
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    There are hundreds of options to go live. There are free weekends a couple of times a year, codes given in some games get you a couple of days, you can pay for different amounts of weeks, months or a year by buying a card in a store, or the same options are available on your console using a credit/debit card.

You get something called Xbox live silver with the console. With this, several family members can get access to many online features for free, with their own separate accounts. However, to play online, you need a gold membership, which is the one you pay for, and the one you will need for COD online multiplayer.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Also if you are looking to purchase an xbox live membership they offer family packs. This includes up to 4 members for $99 yearly. Sometimes Amazon has discounted pricing on single memberships. You don't necessarily need a membership either but there are features like Crackle which provides free movies on the xbox.
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options
    Live Points are used to buy stuff in the Marketplace - games, themes, addons, avatar clothing, etc. To play online against or with other people you will need a Gold subscription which has a monthly cost. You can buy both Points and subscription at places like Walmart, Target, Gamestop etc.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Not sure if original poster has downs syndrome or has the IQ of a jellyfish...

You're an idiot - perhaps English is not this person's first language you *kitten*.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    If you want to play online, you need to have an xbox live gold membership, with that you can join parties with friends and play multiplayer games. You also get access to netflix(gold only but you still have to pay for netflix)

Not sure if original poster has downs syndrome or has the IQ of a jellyfish...

You're an idiot - perhaps English is not this person's first language you *kitten*.

Seriously!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    A game you can play on Xbox Live has a 'live' logo in the top right hand corner - not all games have Live content and games that have Live does not mean that you have to go online.

Live is a preference - if you like online play, get Live... if not, save your money.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Shane_Brewer has the IQ of a jellyfish...

Fixed that for you my "special friend":flowerforyou:
  • Not sure if original poster has downs syndrome or has the IQ of a jellyfish...

becareful of what you say especially i have an autistic daughter and a downs nephew - grow up!!!

not everyone like yourself has an iq of a ****head, however, im sure that before you spent a load of money on something, you would of found things out before ya spent??? then again, with what you have said, you re immature and i will let you off.
  • BasicToaster
    Options
    Shane_Brewer has the IQ of a jellyfish...

Fixed that for you my "special friend":flowerforyou:

Trololololol