Feeling Defeated!

Options
Hello all! First time posting on here... I often come in and read the posts and discussions and find it very motivating!

The past three days have been tough! I have been very regimented and stayed under my calorie goal- Sunday I had lost no weight, Monday no weight, and today I actually GAINED 1.2 POUNDS!

No idea how- still keeping on track because I know there are times we fluctuate just disheartening to see :(

HELP!!!

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You are destined To fail if you are expecting to see a weight loss everyday and get stressed over ordinary daily weight fluctuations.
    You only need to check weight once A week and focus on simply eating healthy foods, exercising and eating enough.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    water weight. Stop weighing yourself daily if you don't want to see daily fluctuation, switch to once every couple of weeks instead.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates quite a lot actually. Better to check your weight about once a month (hopefully under the same conditions every time).

Checking daily won't tell you anything meaningful and will just mess with your head. :)
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I can go up and down as much as two pounds in a day ... find a weekly or every other week schedule and don't obsess over the scale.
    That scale doesn't know a damned thing about the composition of your body, whether it is muscle, or fat, or water weight from muscles retaining water after a good workout or hormonal bloating. ALL that scale knows is how to indicate the effect of gravity on a given item.
    Take measurements and pictures and compare that way, it is a much more accurate way to view the effects of the lifestyle changes you are making. Are you feeling better? Are your clothes fitting better? Find the tangible true value in what you are doing ... none of that can be found in a scale.
  • lturmanx2
    lturmanx2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I often feel the same way too. I have come to the realization that everything effects weight. Stay positive and motivated because you know the outcome will be worth it. I agree with the other replies that you cannot weigh yourself everyday because, YES, it makes you feel "defeated". Find other ways of measuring your weight loss.
  • bearsie84
    bearsie84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks for all your responses and advice! I know- it's silly to get on every day. But It's habit I guess- so I will just learn to not let the little fluctuations get to me. Today I am back down again- so there you go- feeling less defeated today LOL!