Soy Protein Powder - How do I hide the nasty taste?!

Options
I recently bought some Good N Natural 90% Soy Protein Powder with a view of using it in shakes and smoothies before/after my morning workout.
However it tastes disgusting! It has a really awful chalky after taste that stays for ages! does anyone have any ideas how I can hide the nasty taste! I tried it in a smoothie with milk, banana and raspberries, but it was still awful!
Any suggestions?! Thanks in advance xxx

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    use whey instead.....

soy is pretty much worthless.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    use whey instead.....

soy is pretty much worthless.

I was going to say to use hemp instead. But I agree that soy is pretty much worthless, except in sauces on Chinese food.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I actually like whole soybeans, but I'm weird like that.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I actually like whole soybeans, but I'm weird like that.

Wow! Yeah, that is weird. :laugh:

I tried some for the first time a few weeks ago. The whole family said they were nasty, and we threw them out. We are sticking with hemp seeds from now on. :tongue:

:bigsmile:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Isopure Whey...good stuff.
  • VariousPoses
    Options
    Eat edamame instead! :P
    But seriously, consider blending it in a smoothie. Lotsa fruit, maybe orange juice.
  • Sandiraa
    Sandiraa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Im going to experiment with some different smoothies as I don't want to waste it! But next time I will get whey protein!!
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yeah i have the same problem, bought a bag of soy,
    I put it on my oats each morning and add either fruit or a tbsp of choc orange topping,
    I found it works quite well with savory stuff and acts like a thickener, so it works ok in soups, gravies and sauces.
    Also adding o pb/ oats in frozen protein balls is not that bad.
  • clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bro soy doesn't work for dem big gainz bruh. Gotta eat dem OATZ and get dat muscle milk if chu tryna be swol
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Im going to experiment with some different smoothies as I don't want to waste it! But next time I will get whey protein!!

it's not really wasting it if you throw it out.

soy can be anti nutritive. the trypsin inhibitors are capable of blocking protein absorption of your meals. so even taking in the "protein" could actually lower the amount of protein your body utilizes that day.