how fast do you see results ??

Options
hiya...im just wondering how fast you saw results form working out !??! im not after miracles/wave of a magic wands etc but was wondering how fast our bodies adapt to exercising, i'm sure when i completed 30DS a few years back i shrunk super fast, although the scales didnt, but not sure if im imagining it lol...i'd LOVE to lose a full jeans size between now and Christmas or is that just wishful thinking lol...

Replies

• twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've been working out everyday for a month now and I never exercised before and I've pretty drastically changed my diet, I don't eat bread or potatoes have had no cake and have cut down my rice and pasta and in that time I've lost half a stone and two inches on my waist and hips so I reckon you can def drop a jeans size if you stick at it m'luv x x x
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    ya it would be possible if you are strict with yourself, cut lots out of your diet, eat super healthy and do you exercise. for me i am not that disciplined and it took me 4 months to drop a Jean size.
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've been working out everyday for a month now and I never exercised before and I've pretty drastically changed my diet, I don't eat bread or potatoes have had no cake and have cut down my rice and pasta and in that time I've lost half a stone and two inches on my waist and hips so I reckon you can def drop a jeans size if you stick at it m'luv x x x

wow, thats a fab result, well done :happy: as obsessed as i am about the scales, im more fussed for "how i look" lol...your inch loss is great..thanks.xx
  • okidoki7
    Options
    ya it would be possible if you are strict with yourself, cut lots out of your diet, eat super healthy and do you exercise. for me i am not that disciplined and it took me 4 months to drop a Jean size.

well done, thats great if you can manage that in 4 motnhs, without (as you say) cutting anything out and doing it in a way that you can maintain for life...i have 3 pairs of lovely jeans all with tags on (bought last year,then gained weight) that im dying to wear at christmas lol....
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    If you do it right 3 months will give a drastic change. You could lose at least close to the whole 43 lbs in that time if you hit it hard.
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    I haven't lost a size yet, though alllll of my shirts that fit two weeks ago, I am practically swimming in.

Keep with it. Remember, sweat is fat crying as it dies.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds in one month without really trying that hard. Obviously it's harder to lose weight the thinner you are to begin with.
  • okidoki7
    Options
    If you do it right 3 months will give a drastic change. You could lose at least close to the whole 43 lbs in that time if you hit it hard.
    [/quote

OMG i'd love to lose that amount lol..doubt it will happen, my body resits change lol....but with doing what im doing im hoping to have some of it gone :) thanks..
  • okidoki7
    Options
    I haven't lost a size yet, though alllll of my shirts that fit two weeks ago, I am practically swimming in.

Keep with it. Remember, sweat is fat crying as it dies.

lol at fat crying....

well done to you, so maybe not too long until you can drop a size, tangiable results like this are what pushes me on...
  • okidoki7
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds in one month without really trying that hard. Obviously it's harder to lose weight the thinner you are to begin with.

wow 20lb in one month...thats amazing
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I saw results within the first weeks of starting. I had my mind set and everything else followed :drinker:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    from actually lifting weights and trying to change my body composition, I see pretty good changes every 6-8 weeks, especially with a recent change of something, diet, routine, new lifts, etc.

it takes time. just be patient.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    [/quote

OMG i'd love to lose that amount lol..doubt it will happen, my body resits change lol....but with doing what im doing im hoping to have some of it gone :) thanks..

2lbs per week is fairly doable. I did it all the way down to 12%BF myself still eating a decent amount (2k cals) and moderate cardio along with 3 days of lifting.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options

wow 20lb in one month...thats amazing

that is amazing.. it's taken me 10.5 months to lose my 20 lbs. when it took me 6 months to lose 10 i was goign to give up. I never thought it was goign to be so hard to lose weight! my body is slow with changes and no matter what i seem to try the lbs come off very slowly! but in the end i am at my goal now and trying to maintain it before i start to life more weights or go heavier as i know i will gain a few lbs doing that...
  • boboismydog
    boboismydog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Starting at 129, It took me about a month to lose 7 pounds on p90x.