Les Mills Pump is THE BEST!!

Options

Replies

• samlankford
    Options
    going to order that probably as a birthday present for myself this year in Janruary... I already did insanity, alylum, and p90x2... I brought hip hop abs but i find it really REALLY annoying, and the music makes me want to hang myself! lol
  • rdevaughn
    rdevaughn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    the schedule shows to do body pump 3 times a week and do cardio or walking the other days...
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it is! I do Pump at the gym and LOVE it! :)
  • k8krampe
    k8krampe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love pump. I've been doing it for years at the Y and bought the DVDs in January after they came out in December. It's nice to have the option to do it at home with kids/work/life etc that sometimes get in the way of getting pump in 3x a week.

I LOVE combat too! I want to love flow, but can't get into it yet.

All of the dvd coaches are great motivators. It's hard for me to hear the music when I do the classes at the Y without hearing there voices :).
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and love it! It hurts so good :laugh:
  • stacyll
    stacyll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    interesting to see this feedback. as an instructor i don't care to teach les mills. it's too regimented and doesn't change. you can't introduce variety except for using other les mills releases. i liked to be able to change up my workouts a bit each week still keeping to the same core workouts and the members have given me feedback that they prefer that too.
  • TMoni14
    TMoni14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love Les Mills Pump as well; especially doing bottom halves on squats and lunges and the clean and press. I do not have the time to make it to the gym, so doing Les Mills Pump along with Rockin Body has really helped me!
  • mmimmi1
    mmimmi1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I wanna get that so bad, but I really don't want all the equipment that comes with it ...I already have weights and things all over my house... and bands and all kinds of stuff ... I wish it they had the option to just get the videos...my gym doesn't offer it.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    For those who are doing it at home, how many times a week do you pump?

I did pump 3x week (mon, wed, fri) and add cardio on the 2 days in between (tues, thurs). I usually run on my cardio days, rest on saturday and then do a yoga dvd on sunday.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    As a Beachbody coach I love seeing this!!
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    How are the DVDs compared to the classes? Are the just alike? The music was the most important part of the class (for me). Is it revolved around the music like the live classes are?
  • reforberg
    reforberg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree......best class that I have ever taken! I even ventured out and became an instructor for Pump because I love the class so much! It is a class that definitely gives you results! You will not create huge muscle mass with it, but talk about toning and lifting the booty! Awesome!!
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    add me to the *loving Pump* list! I have been taking it for a while at the Y and it is one class that I never miss. I have taken it at 5:30am, 9:15am , a lunchtime class and in the evenings. whenever I can fit it in. I have an injury right now, not related to Pump, and won't be able to go for a while and I know when I hit it again I am going to be hurting...but I will love it! :)
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm loving it too. I'm in week 8. I tried. I really tried to like Turbo Jam but Chalene drives me nuts. I love the way Les Mills people switch around to make it less monotonous. I have not skipped a day. Unbelievable since I've tried countless home video series but always wound up dusting or doing something else that distracts me at home. OMG combat? that was freakishly awkward and awesome all at once.

My elbow hurts a little though. do you get that from the barbell?

Hehe... I tried Turbo Jam a few years ago, and like you, could not keep interest...Charlene drove me insane as well!!! But, now... I dug out the DVD's again and I LOVE IT...and Charlene!!! LOL It's my fave!

Been looking at LMP... and it looks awesome!! Gonna have to look into those DVD's!! Do you use very light weights to start??
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I love Body Pump! I've been taking it at the gym for the last two months and just upped to three days a week. It's a great work out to build strength and (eventually for me) tone up your body.
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Body Pump at Goodlife for probably 3 years now.
    I attribute this class to a lot of the success I've had with losing 50 lbs over the last two years
    I put muscle on while I was eating a lot of calories, and after I built the foundation, I've been steadily burning off the fat

I love my muscles. Lift heavy girls! Do this class/DVD/workout however you do it - but make sure that you are always bumping your weights up when it gets too easy. You need to make changes to see changes!
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have been using LMP for 100 days now... just started the Cross Training schedule. As you can see from my ticker it (and better nutrition!) has worked very well for me. Wait until you get to Phase 3, Pump Extreme and Pump Revolution are *kitten* kickers :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it! I'm actually on my second time of doing the home program. I recommend it to anyone who, like me, hates pure cardio.

I consider it cardio too
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it! I'm actually on my second time of doing the home program. I recommend it to anyone who, like me, hates pure cardio.

I consider it cardio too

just cardio? I am curious about this. I think you commented on another thread about it and I meant to ask why you don't consider it strength training? I know that cardio is in there. I know that is part of the program but I feel like you cannot discount the weights being used. but I have been increasing weights as I go along and have gotten much heavier than when I first started. I know some in the class don't.
  • krmiller4217
    krmiller4217 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start my 90 days over again.. I started with 10 lbs and then I thought I was wonder woman and three weeks in I switched it up to 20 lbs. Two days later I was laid up with a torn paraspinal muscle with constant pain. After 6 weeks of PT I feel like I am ready to try pump again. I will stick with 10 lbs for all 90 days and really watch for proper form. Good luck to everyone. I think Pump is an awesome program!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!