Preparing meals for the week

Options
What do you prepare on sundays for your work week?

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I grilled 8 chicken breasts, 2 pork tenderloin, a large sweet potato, tomatos, and squash. The squash and tomatos were cut up and made into a ratatouille kind of thing.

Here is a picture.

https://www.box.com/s/7cbcm8mpja2144r3nn9d

I also wash and store a head of Romain in the fridge each week so I can quickly throw together a salad.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I usually make breakfast bars on Sundays. For lunches, I am all over the place. I prefer to buy frozen meals and nuke them at work, because I'm lazy. But since we have been short on cash these past few weeks, I've been pretty much just eating a spinach leaf salad at work. I just throw on some mushrooms and bell pepper slices and some croutons. But today I'm too broke to even buy some spinach leaves, so I grabbed a can of peanuts from the pantry at home and will have peanuts for lunch. :ohwell:
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com crockpot three bean chili
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My easiest thing is to grill up enough meat to use to eat alone or make salads and wraps with. I do a lot of chicken but I've been experimenting with pork in my crock pot and that gave me enough pulled pork for several days.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I grill up some chicken, turkey or pork. Make a pot of chili or soup. Portion out fruits, veggies, protein shake fixings. Hard boil some eggs, roast potatoes. Prep lasagna, enchiladas or some sort of casserole so all that has to be done is throw it in the oven on the night that we are to have it then portion out a serving for lunch the next day.
  • MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I grilled 8 chicken breasts, 2 pork tenderloin, a large sweet potato, tomatos, and squash. The squash and tomatos were cut up and made into a ratatouille kind of thing.

Here is a picture.

I also wash and store a head of Romain in the fridge each week so I can quickly throw together a salad.

That looks yummy!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options

Here is a picture.

That looks yummy!

Thanks. It is nice to pull some meat out of the freezer and get that charcoal and hickory aroma. I'll put 2 of the breasts in a freezer bag and freeze them. When I plan my meals I just put a bag in the fridge a day ahead of time to thaw. The sweet potato was an experiment that worked out great and the zucchini/tomatos were really good. I'll do them again.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad.
    Hard-boiled eggs.
    Lean hamburgers.
    Lean turkey burgers.
    Pan-fried salmon filets.
    Tuna salad.
    Quinoa.