Friends Who Eat Clean or Mostly Clean,All Welcome Though!

Options
I have been on this journey for a couple of months now, and have been trying to eat mostly clean. I recently have fallen somewhat "off the wagon" as far as clean eating wise, and I am looking for friends to get ideas from and inspire me.

I have, among many other health issues, an auto immune disorder that effects what thyroid I have left (a little over a year ago I was at the Mayo Clinic receiving treatment and had a tumor removed from my thyroid, along with the whole right side of it). One of the side effects of this is heart, BP, and cholesterol issues.

I welcome all friends, and do my best to support them, but I am also looking for friends with the same eating style too :)

Replies

• brandypinky22
    brandypinky22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been doing clean eating and I hated it at first but now love it! I will add you!
  • MandyAnnV
    MandyAnnV Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It is a challenge, and I have been horrible lately . . .which I think is part of the cause of my plateau and my bad number at my Dr appointment. I want to lose the weight, but I really want to make sure I am putting quality into my body (but I by no means am judging others who do not).
  • brandypinky22
    Options
    I totally agree. For me I feel ten times better when the food I'm putting in is clean. I bet if you can get back on track with eating clean you will blow your plateau out of the water. For me the hardest part is the first two or three days. After that I start to feel the benefit of eating clean and it makes it a lot easier to stay on track. My biggest challenge are sweets, I love dessert and eating out or eating at social gatherings. It frustrating when the choice comes down to skipping a meal, which I of course don't want to do or eating white bread or something you know has refined sugar in it.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I do not eat completely clean but I think I'm eating reasonably well... The only 'dirty' things I eat are ready meals when I'm just too darned tired. Have a look at my diary and decide for yourself if I'm worth it :P

Best of luck to you either way!
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I would to support you- and I can say I need a lot of support too. Eating clean was a religion to me and then life happened. It's not an excuse, but I made it one... kept saying as soon as "this" happens and then "that", I'll get back on the wagon. (Little things like moving across the country ;) After 6 months, I'm not sure I remember what the wagon looks like. I need to re-commit big time. If you're interested, please add me.
  • ellebish
    ellebish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I totally changed my diet about 6 weeks ago to clean eating and loved the feeling but unfortunately the abrupt change triggered a migraine (I have been a migraine suffer for years) ... the migraine lasted 2 weeks and at that point I kind of "fell off" intentionally .. as I couldn’t deal with it. I am currently slowly modifying my diet to make the change back to clean eating but am cautiously doing so. Feel free to add me.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    you are a busy lady! (I just read your profile).

I am a mom of 2 girls 2 and 5 years old. I eat clean for the most part. Both my husband and I like to cook so we make most of our food from scratch. I subscripe to cooking light magazine and use that (and their website) to find lots of healthy recipes to make for the family. My kids are very adventurous eater because we feed them what we make for ourselves Last night we all loved the Beet, Goat Cheese, Swiss Chard and Walnut risotto my husband made... and I'm super excited because I got bring the leftovers for lunch today :happy:

I'm always looking for new "mom" friends :)

Read my profile and feel free to add me if you think we are a good match :flowerforyou:

PS. I see you are in Minnesota. I am in Michigan now, but lived in Chaska Minnesota for 5 years. My older girlie was born there.
  • MandyAnnV
    Options
    I totally agree. For me I feel ten times better when the food I'm putting in is clean. I bet if you can get back on track with eating clean you will blow your plateau out of the water. For me the hardest part is the first two or three days. After that I start to feel the benefit of eating clean and it makes it a lot easier to stay on track. My biggest challenge are sweets, I love dessert and eating out or eating at social gatherings. It frustrating when the choice comes down to skipping a meal, which I of course don't want to do or eating white bread or something you know has refined sugar in it.

Sweets were my downfall when I was pregnant with my son. In my weakest moments pregnant with him you could find me with a container of frosting, and a spoon! (I cannot believe I just admitted that in a public forum)
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty clean. Most of what I eat are whole foods. A few grains here and there (english muffin at breakfast, a slice of cheese here or there)

Feel free to check out my diary.
  • phiddy23
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me. Not sure what you class as clean but you're welcome to have a look at my diary. Today (sept 11th) is a pretty good example.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    What does eating clean mean? I haven't been around here too long.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have grown up in India,we have been taught to eat clean always,its kind of like we cant survive on not eating clean.
    I dont know if I would be of any help ideas wise-our food is part indian and part every other cuisine now since we have been living in the US for a while now.If youre open to other cuisines i can help a bit.
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    what does eating clean really mean?:ohwell:
  • brandypinky22
    Options
    What does eating clean mean? I haven't been around here too long.

Clean eating has a lot of different definitions depending on what circles you run in. For me clean eating is eating whole foods, whole grains, nothing with added sugars, lots of fruits of veggies, lean proteins, avoiding saturated fat as much as possible, reduced fat dairy, lower on the sodium, and trying to avoid anything on the label that you can't pronounce. To me it is about eating a balanced diet in the most healthful way I can. Here are some of the websites I use that can give you a summary of the principles of the clean eating I practice.

www.cleaneatingmag.com

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/

www.graciouspantry.com

hope that helps a little
  • MandyAnnV
    Options
    you are a busy lady! (I just read your profile).

I am a mom of 2 girls 2 and 5 years old. I eat clean for the most part. Both my husband and I like to cook so we make most of our food from scratch. I subscripe to cooking light magazine and use that (and their website) to find lots of healthy recipes to make for the family. My kids are very adventurous eater because we feed them what we make for ourselves Last night we all loved the Beet, Goat Cheese, Swiss Chard and Walnut risotto my husband made... and I'm super excited because I got bring the leftovers for lunch today :happy:

I'm always looking for new "mom" friends :)

Read my profile and feel free to add me if you think we are a good match :flowerforyou:

PS. I see you are in Minnesota. I am in Michigan now, but lived in Chaska Minnesota for 5 years. My older girlie was born there.

That actually sounds quite delicious! I wish my kids were adventurous eaters. My husband loves to cook, and loves to cook from scratch, and although they are delicious, they are not the lighter options.
    I am slowly trying to introduce them to a healthier, cleaner way of eating. I would LOVE not to have to cook 2 meals :)

I do know where Chaska is. My husband proposed to me at Chanhassen. It was quite the night!
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I would love more clean eating friends... feel free to add me!
  • MandyAnnV
    Options
    I totally changed my diet about 6 weeks ago to clean eating and loved the feeling but unfortunately the abrupt change triggered a migraine (I have been a migraine suffer for years) ... the migraine lasted 2 weeks and at that point I kind of "fell off" intentionally .. as I couldn’t deal with it. I am currently slowly modifying my diet to make the change back to clean eating but am cautiously doing so. Feel free to add me.

I understand though. Migraines are no joke. I suffer from them also, although they are getting farther in between. Which I am sure as you know is nice!
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    Anyone posting here about eating clean please add me. I try to eat clean, and right now I'm in the process of completely cutting sugar (except sugar in whole fruits), so I need support, and I want to be able to encourage others.
  • karbar75
    karbar75 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also trying to go the clean eating route and would love to add friends with similar goals and diets.. please feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • jgirl63
    jgirl63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I generally eat clean, although not on MFP very long, you are welcome to add me. I just started so having a 'friend' would be great. I lost 100lbs in 1998 via weight watchers old school, was able to maintain nicely until I had my two kids and just have not been able to lose thelingering 25-30lbs. After my daughter was born I suffered more migraines (I have since found lack of sleep and sugar substitutes are my triggers) so I decided to try to eat as clean as possible to eliminate any foods that may be triggering them (ie processed soups, frozen meals,e tc...) I was eating alot of these while trying to shed the post baby lbs. When I started this 10lbs came off very quickly, but I have since stalled and here I am! I am most certainly not 100% clean as I get the cravings, but I'm definitely more aware/conscious of eating clean vs not clean. Once I got used to preparing my own food, it just became habit. Every Sunday I chop up a bunch of fresh vegetables to have on hand in the fridge, plan out dinners for week, lunches for the family, etc...This actually helped me not only to eat better but have a more organized home as I have 2 kids and work full time.

Good luck with your journey!! :smile: