Cellulite..... : (

Options
Can you EVER get rid of it? there are two holster-like bumps on the outside of my upper thighs. The weird looking bump that breaks the outline of my figure is going down, but the yukky curdled look is still there. I am 1 lb away from goal and that goal is 100 lbs. I am 5'1", so this should be fine. But now I am wondering if I have to lose even MORE weight to make this Stuff disappear for good. And - yes - I work pretty hard, go heavy & use the elliptical.
Any advice?

Replies

• Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Bump! Pun intended!
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Keep dropping body fat and lift those weights.
  • RAWBMEOW
    Options
    Since i started yoga mine is almost all gone! Now those stretch marks are a different story:(
  • MonaMel01
    Options
    Have you tried side leg lifts with a tension strap? I know that helps with the saddlebag area on the low hip/upper thigh region.

May try to use a hard foam roller and roll that area on it to help (hopefully) disburse some of the fat pockets.

I wish men got cellulite instead of us!
  • clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You probably need to gain weight. As in lift heavier. As in squats. And protein.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    I've found the combo of losing weight and now doing more strength training has helped. I still have bumps on my upper thighs and butt, but it is not half as bad. I also exfoliate the area (old coffee grounds mixed with a little oil is amazing!) and moisturize twice a day. Keeping your circulation up (walking, rebounding, dry brushing) to help flush out the toxins that accumulate in the fat tissues. And water water water!
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You probably need to gain weight. As in lift heavier. As in squats. And protein.

I am obama and I support this message
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Totally bumping this one. lol
  • amh50530
    amh50530 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have cellulite in my upper thighs and butt and it has started to fade with the squats, yoga, and TurboFire I do now. Gaining muscle has really helped tone me up. Maybe try to build more muscle?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Even though cellulite is infamously genetic and not always weight based (I'm sure everyone has the size 0 friend who still has cellulite), I was getting wicked cellulite from my medical problem weight gain. Like, super dimply butt (and my *kitten* is my best asset, so this was worrisome) and thighs--specifically the sides of my thighs, not the backs.

Since January, I've upped my water intake--there is literally not a day that goes by that I don't get my 8 cups of water, if not more. I've lost weight, strength trained, and I've worn Hot Pants (there by Zaggora, a British company, and there's always GroupOns. They essentially make you sweat more).

I swear by the water + Hot Pants. Obviously weight training and weight loss make a HUGE difference, but I actually FORGET about my cellulite issues, that's how much it's diminished. I really think water can make a difference. In times where I hadn't yet started heavy lifting, but was doing low impact cardio, the water + Hot Pants gave me results.
  • Jeneba
    Options
    Hot Pants???
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    http://zaggora.com/

But DON'T buy them right off the site--there is seriously a GroupOn (from groupon.com) like once a week.
  • Jeneba
    Options
    Thanks!!! I will check them out!