Gluten/Dairy Free Pumpkin Mini Muffins - 71 calories

Options
nortx
nortx Posts: 130
These mini muffins have a delicate, not-to-sweet pumpkin flavor with a texture of light cake. They are the perfect size and calories for a quick snack or to pop in the lunchbox or warmed with a bit of dairy-free margarine.

Betty Crocker has a line of gluten free cake and cookie mixes - most are also dairy free. They are pretty good when you follow the package directions, but are OUTSTANDING when you just add a can of Libby's pure pumpkin. Both these ingredients are gluten and dairy free and Kosher/Parve.

So easy to mix and bake and can even be baked by swirls onto parchment paper for a cake type of cookie. Feel free to sprinkle a few chopped nuts or dried fruit to the tops of the muffins. You could also add cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, but I prefer the delicate taste of these without seasonings.

This batter does not rise in the cups or on the parchment so where you put it - is where you will find it when it has baked. I bake them in mini muffin cups because I prefer a smaller muffin. A full-sized one would be a little too much of a good thing for me, although I must admit, I found it necessary to eat 5 (FIVE) while I was taking these pictures. I just couldn't help myself - they were warm, and the dairy free margarine melted just slightly. My hubby gobbled several and spread them with peanut butter!

These muffins freeze great and defrost in the microwave in 17 seconds or in a few minutes on the counter or in a lunch box.

I added a sprinkle of chopped apricots and almonds to this batch. This recipe made about 22 mini muffins/swirl cookies.

For more gluten and dairy free recipes, please visit my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nortx

pm1.jpg

pm2.jpg

Ingredients
- 1 Betty Crocker Gluten Free Yellow cake mix
- 1 can Libby's Pure Pumpkin - 15 ounces

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a bowl, combine the dry cake mix and the can of pumpkin. Mix until combined
3. Spoon 2 Tablespoons of prepared batter into mini-muffin papers set into mini-muffin cups or swirl the same amount onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
4. Top with chopped nuts or dried fruit if desired
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.

Enjoy:flowerforyou:

Replies

• nortx
    Options
    No one likes my pumpkin muffins?
    :noway:
  • KMBmutt
    KMBmutt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Think i might have to try these ones!! They look so yummy!
  • fancyacuppa
    fancyacuppa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    They look scrummy!
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    What are the stats on them?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    No one likes my pumpkin muffins?
    :noway:

Nothing personal but, I dont eat foods from a box. But, Id rather mound down on some fresh pumpkin though! Damn near got excited at the grocery store when I saw them! LOL!!!!!!!!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try them
  • kellygirl324
    kellygirl324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for a gluten free pumpkin muffin recipe yesterday!! Thanks for sharing! :-))
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I have seen a lot of recipes with various mixes only using a can of pumpkin. I've tried a few and liked them. It's a good way to cut a few things out but also quicker and easier cleanup. I don't buy too many box mixes but it's nice having gluten free choices now for when I do feel like making something quickly. I might do this with a brownie mix too.

Thanks for reminding me of this. I had forgotten about it!
  • nortx
    Options
    What are the stats on them?

Sorry, I forgot to add the stats.

For each 2 Tbsp. mini muffin:
    Calories - 71
    Sugar - 1
    Sodium - 1
    Carbs - 1
    Fat - 0
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome :) I'll have to try these now that fall season is coming up! My boyfriend has celiacs and he loves pumpkin pie...so I bet these pumpkin mini muffins will go over well :) Thanks for sharing!
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sissie2955
    Options
    These are Good!
  • Gioooo