Kinda new, looking for friends!

Options
Hi!

So my name is Ashley and I've been a member on here for a while. I am about 5'6" and 196lbs right now. However, I haven't been tracking calories for quite some time now. I was having trouble eating healthy because I was not supported by the other people in my household and just didn't really have the money to buy much of my own groceries. But now...

I finally got my own place! Just me, my cat and my dog. I have foodstamps to help me buy groceries, and there is a 24hr gym at the apartment complex I live in. Went to the gym the first time this morning, and I feel great!! Planning to make it a morning ritual! I've been planning my meals and buying only ingredients for them (as well as some pantry staples) and fruit for sweet snacks, and I am finally confident that I can lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle.

Besides just being healthier, I am losing weight because I would like to be an egg donor for couples in need, and of course, I must be at a healthy weight to do so. Otherwise, I have a very healthy family history and I would love to help someone start a family!

I'm looking for some new friends to help keep me motivated and to do so in return!

Thanks!

Ashley

Replies

• ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

Welcome back then.
    I feel for you, my boyfriend is a huge junkfoodfan and can eat anything he wants and not gain anything, so it easy to give in and eat the same als he does. So its a struggle to make the right choices.
    I have been on and off for a while now and i also hope that this time i will really make the change in lifestyle

I think you have a huge motivater in being able to help other people with their wish for children. I hope this works out for you.

If your looking for a friend as a motivator, feel free to add me!
    For now good luck on your journey!

greetz, Polgara
  • Oishay
    Options
    Hi Ashley

Welcome back! I've just rejoined after a bad summer so am ready to get down to sorting myself out again too.
    Would love to have a new friend or two for motivation and virtual kick in the *kitten* for the down days :)

Feel free to add me !
    Sharon
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

First off, Congrats on your new apartment! How exciting!

Good for you for taking charge of your life and wanting to be healthier. That is the first step!
  • Montena1
    Options
    Hi Ashley.

I am in the EXACT same boat as you!!! I am 41, 191 lbs and really unhappy with my weight! I signed up a while back, but just didn't give myself the devotion I deserve. Now, I'm am back and hitting it really hard! I am determined that I don't want to be fat anymore and I really need some moral support.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Tena and I live in Texas. I spend most of my day working behind a computer and practically have to make myself move to go to the restroom!!! I know, I have that on my agenda to start moving a little more everyday which is another goal I must tackle!!

My husband is extremely overweight and just yesterday I asked him to join Weight Watchers with me and his EXCUSE was that it's all my fault he's fat and I should do it for myself and leave him out of it. I just want some support but I don't stand a chance with him!!! I am really determined to DO THIS!!! My 10 yr old daughter is on board for whatever makes me happy so I have a walking buddy!

I think you and I could make this work!!!! Just to know that someone is facing the same obsticles I am says alot. I just started back yesterday so let's take on the challenge to Motivate, Congregate, and Lose that Weight!!!!
    I'm in!!!

Big Hugs and Let's GO!!!!

Tena
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashley, Add me. Its good you are in a your own space.. physically and mentally. I HUGE part of this journey, is mentally accepting something has to be done to achieve the desired results. Be consistent with the gym and healthy food choices. You will do just fine.
  • summerfool
    summerfool Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

I'm sort of new to the site too. I started an account a few months ago and never really did much but look to see what it had to offer. My current living situation has also made it hard to eat healthy. I've decide however, that I'm going to do my best to stick to my allotted calories and get my workouts in daily. Having others as support makes it so much easier and I'm hoping, like yourself, to gain that support here.
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley.

I am in the EXACT same boat as you!!! I am 41, 191 lbs and really unhappy with my weight! I signed up a while back, but just didn't give myself the devotion I deserve. Now, I'm am back and hitting it really hard! I am determined that I don't want to be fat anymore and I really need some moral support.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Tena and I live in Texas. I spend most of my day working behind a computer and practically have to make myself move to go to the restroom!!! I know, I have that on my agenda to start moving a little more everyday which is another goal I must tackle!!

My husband is extremely overweight and just yesterday I asked him to join Weight Watchers with me and his EXCUSE was that it's all my fault he's fat and I should do it for myself and leave him out of it. I just want some support but I don't stand a chance with him!!! I am really determined to DO THIS!!! My 10 yr old daughter is on board for whatever makes me happy so I have a walking buddy!

I think you and I could make this work!!!! Just to know that someone is facing the same obsticles I am says alot. I just started back yesterday so let's take on the challenge to Motivate, Congregate, and Lose that Weight!!!!
    I'm in!!!

Big Hugs and Let's GO!!!!

Tena

Tena... BIG HUGSSS TO YOU...

you will find lots of support here... we will show that husband of yours! Once the pounds start to shed, he sure will want to join in on the fun. This really is a joint effort but its ok.. for you to get the ball rolling. Do not get discouraged. At anytime you need some support... reach out to me... or ready the success stories discussion topics... You will see BOAT LOADS of success stories.

Add me as a friend.
  • Vballgirl002
    Options
    Hi. My name is Gabrielle, and I am 5'7 and 135 pounds. Ive been losing weight, and I want to maintain a healthy weight now, I play multiple school sports, and it's hard to eat healthy when you're in a rush. I love this website so far, because it makes it so easy to get the right foods!
  • graceacruz
    graceacruz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

I wish you success in this most important process! I understand about having people around you to support your healthy eating. My husband was never fat and nor was he a big sugar eater, but in the last couple of years his eating habits went down hill .... and mine with his. Now that I am trying to lose it is SO hard! At least 2-3x times a weeks, he wants me to go for a snack and even though he says "Oh, you don't have to get anything!" the temptation is almost too much to bear. He knows he needs to lose too, but just doesn't have the motivation right now. It's making it really, really hard. :( I so envy that you were able to escape and now can do what you need to do without interference. I am sure with dedication you'll achieve your goals!

All the best!

Grace
  • samigirl1975
    samigirl1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

I do the treadmill and good luck on your reaching you goals. I just recently started over again, it's been a Week of counting calories and making the right choices for food. I go on the exercise bike twice a week... I plan on using it more, once I get into a regular routine. If anyone wants to add me to please feel free too. :) Good luck to everyone!!!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

Congratulations on getting your new place (and your new life, by the sounds of it!) How exciting to have control over your eating. Have you looked in the recipe section here? SO much inspiration.

I have 90lbs to go (at least) so will be around for some time. Feel free to add me if you're looking for new friends.

Shona
  • Jalyst79
    Jalyst79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You should check to see if there are any farmer's market vouchers where you live. It would help with the grocery bill and you can get fresh produce!
  • urbanyeager
    Options
    My name is Teresa, in Portland, OR, I am currently 5'2 and 172 pounds....30 pounds have got to go!!!!! I would love to have additional friends to support this effort...feel free to send me a friend request.