Big losers....

Options
Hi all :smile:

Just wondered those who have lost a lot of weight on here...

How long did it take you to lose your first 14 lbs and then 28 lbs?

Ive been dieting now for about 4 weeks and just wondered roughly how long it has taken different people to lose the weight that they have?
I want to be slim now :sad: but i know, i know it is a long process to be succesful, hopefully by the summertime i will be happy with my weight but seems forever away at the minute...

Replies

• clairelyndsey
    Options
    i have been doin this diet for 3 weeks the first 2 weeks i lost 4lb but in the third week i only lost 1 wish i could lose the weight faster though lol
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses at different rates... There are some amazing success stories on here..., People who have lost 100 + pounds!! They're amazing!!!!
  • kelley1006
    kelley1006 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for 3 weeks and have lost 11 pounds. The first week i lost 8 pounds and the second week nothing finally on the third week i have lost 2.5 more. It is a long process but i just have to keep going i would like to lose 40-50 lbs by July i hope its possible. If i could lose 8lbs a month I would be happy. Good luck to you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    Thanks guys, it would be great if we saw results straight away wouldnt it!
    ive lost 9lbs but dont feel any different :angry:
    i suppose its a struggle but when we get there it will be worth it and easier to maintain than to get off, well i hope so anyway!! :laugh:
  • aleefula
    Options
    hi been here for about 2 weeks or so and lost 8 so far, its just very inspiring reading up on success stories and keeps reminding you to drink water etc, also i found logging in my food intake has made me shift the weight quicker, everybody is different but i strongly reccomend you use this and you will see results.
  • aleefula
    Options
    oh and another thing, dont worry about not noticing your weight loss yourself, i usually dont, but people have been telling me so thats when you know is working!!!:bigsmile:
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi all :smile:

Just wondered those who have lost a lot of weight on here...

How long did it take you to lose your first 14 lbs and then 28 lbs?

Ive been dieting now for about 4 weeks and just wondered roughly how long it has taken different people to lose the weight that they have?
    I want to be slim now :sad: but i know, i know it is a long process to be succesful, hopefully by the summertime i will be happy with my weight but seems forever away at the minute...

It took me about 7 months to lose 15 pounds. Started on this health journey back in July with incorporating more exercise. Then in the fall joined mfp to start tracking my nutrition which I have to say, is by far the hardest obstacle, food. I focus on 10 pounds at a time, and have 30 more to go until I reach my goal. Setting small goals helps me stay focused.

The biggest lesson I've learned is that instant gratification does not work. It is hard work, so expect to put in a lot of work. . Be realistic. Take small steps and before you know it, you'll be there :)

Good luck!
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    ive been logging my food and it does help:smile:
    but i do find i can never reach my 1200 limit apart from a couple of times i am usually 100-200 calories short, i know i shouldnt go so low but its hard to eat more when im trying to lose and would feel like im eating too much if that makes sense!?
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    KandyJo is right. There is no 'magic formula' and no two people will lose weight at the same rate even if they did everything exactly the same.
    I am reading a book by Leslie Sansone and she made a comment that really hit home. "A watched pot never boils, and a watched waistline seldom changes"
    Focus on doing what you KNOW is right--eating better, moving more, and eliminating snacks and empty calories--and let the scale take care of itself. Success is measured by how you feel, how your clothes fit, and your energy & self-confidence levels.
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    KandyJo is right. There is no 'magic formula' and no two people will lose weight at the same rate even if they did everything exactly the same.
    I am reading a book by Leslie Sansone and she made a comment that really hit home. "A watched pot never boils, and a watched waistline seldom changes"
    Focus on doing what you KNOW is right--eating better, moving more, and eliminating snacks and empty calories--and let the scale take care of itself. Success is measured by how you feel, how your clothes fit, and your energy & self-confidence levels.

Wow!! 123lbs that is some achievement! that is inspiring :smile:
  • aleefula
    Options
    dont worry about that! i know u r supposed to intake 1200 calories a day but a few 100 under wont do that much harm!! i find i always eat under, but the thing is because i am not eating the bad stuff (which tastes so so good) i am under, but what can u do, if you are not feeling hungry dont eat, listen to what your body is telling you and use this as a tool but not the bible, dont know if im making sense???:embarassed:
  • edelponte
    Options
    I started my program exactly four weeks ago when I also discovered this website. My starting weight was 210.5 lb. Thanks to this website I have been very succesfull in loosing a lot of weight in the first month. I took this very serious and has logged several times a day since then. Exercises became also part of my daily routine, respecting the limits of my body.

I have found myself reading labels and building a database of all food I have taken. Since I am currently on vacation I have all the time and decided to take this time for myself and did not distract or moved away from my rigorous program. So the results? my weight went down to 193 lb, so 18 lbs lost, mostly of fat tissue that I have been tracking with a bioelectrical method.

Ok, sounds a lot of loss for a short time, but I really did not suffer or felt hungry during this time - excepting the shock in the first week. I usually eat every three hours and the most important - I know exactly what I am eating (I am doing the best choices) and usually eat more when I do exercise. It is just a matter of how you take a program and use this tool seriously to help you meet your goals. I still need to loose around 15 lb and hope I can get there by April or May.
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    dont worry about that! i know u r supposed to intake 1200 calories a day but a few 100 under wont do that much harm!! i find i always eat under, but the thing is because i am not eating the bad stuff (which tastes so so good) i am under, but what can u do, if you are not feeling hungry dont eat, listen to what your body is telling you and use this as a tool but not the bible, dont know if im making sense???:embarassed:

yeah that makes sense, i dont want to eat calories just for the sake of it, just when my body needs them :smile:
    hopefully it wont do too much harm
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    I started my program exactly four weeks ago when I also discovered this website. My starting weight was 210.5 lb. Thanks to this website I have been very succesfull in loosing a lot of weight in the first month. I took this very serious and has logged several times a day since then. Exercises became also part of my daily routine, respecting the limits of my body.

I have found myself reading labels and building a database of all food I have taken. Since I am currently on vacation I have all the time and decided to take this time for myself and did not distract or moved away from my rigorous program. So the results? my weight went down to 193 lb, so 18 lbs lost, mostly of fat tissue that I have been tracking with a bioelectrical method.

Ok, sounds a lot of loss for a short time, but I really did not suffer or felt hungry during this time - excepting the shock in the first week. I usually eat every three hours and the most important - I know exactly what I am eating (I am doing the best choices) and usually eat more when I do exercise. It is just a matter of how you take a program and use this tool seriously to help you meet your goals. I still need to loose around 15 lb and hope I can get there by April or May.

wow thats great for a month! i think being able to log calories and food is great when trying to lose weight, thank god for MYFITNESSPAL!!:smile:
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    you want to create a good diet that will last FOREVER

A lot of people go on diets...lose some weight...stop dieting and gain it all back. You are in this for the long haul, so create a plan that is good for you