30 day shred?

Options
Hi

Is there anyone who has had great success with this? and do you need to do a workout daily to see the difference in 30 days as it promises?

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 but I took the day off yesterday. I think you need to do it pretty regularly to see results. Good Luck!!
  • corin1533
    Options
    I really enjoy this workout. If you are wanting to "obatin the promise" Jillian expects the workout to be done daily. Good thing ... it is only 20 minutes. Warning ... it is tough for beginners! So, choose wisely!
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    hopefully i wil get it do it 2-3 times a week but with work i think i will find it hard to do everyday
  • RachelJoyce
    Options
    alsooo
    i do taebo at the minute, wondering is taebo a breeze compared to the shred or are they about same excercise wise?
  • emily859
    Options
    LOVE 30 day shred! Its a terrific and practical workout that never ceases to challenge me. Sometimes I will do level 1 and 2 back-to-back for extra burn. Just tried level 3 and let me tell ya, in the words of Jillian, it is no joke! Its the best workout dvd i've ever purchased- plus if you have On Demand Exercise TV thru your cable provider you can check it out for free!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    You can see a difference with the shred even if you don't do it everyday but it will probably take longer. I am trying to do it five days a week and I can already see if difference in my upper body. I think Shred is more intense, though for a shorter amount of time, than Taebo, but both of them get you great results. I recommend Shred to anyone wanting to tone up. It's very hard for beginners but you will see your endurance build up quickly.
    Hope this helps!
    MM
  • veganmommy04
    Options
    i hate the 30 day shred, but then again i hate most work out dvds, because they get boring to me its the same workout every time(yaya i know there are different levels, but once you do them you know what to expect) and i like to change it up every time. i love working out and do it 6 days a week if not 7 i just hate getting bored w the workouts. so dvds aren't for me, but i will say i toughed out her 30 day shred for 2 weeks before i could not do the boredom anymore, and i started seeing results i didn't drop any weight at all but i saw toning. i still pop it in once in awhile for a change.
  • denny4
    denny4 Posts: 11
    Options
    I just found 30 Day Shred on Netflix. I have it in my queue - looking forward to trying it out.

I'm finding they have a LOT of fitness DVD's. Great way to try out different fitness DVD's before buying or a way to keep a good mix if you get bored with the same DVD easily. They even have quite a number that you can "play now" instantly on your computer or tv if you have it set up.
  • ewsinclair
    Options
    I would definitely rec. the 30-day shred for beginners, but if you have been working out for a while level one isn't that much of a challenge, so you may have to do 1&2 together. I have been doing 5 days a week- I do 3 days of her No more trouble zones( which i LOVE) and 2 of her shred, then cardio on the other two. They are really good workouts! You should get her making the cut book- lots of good workout and diet tips!
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 and 2 back-to-back for the first time today and WOW!! it was tiring!! I am only on my 5th day of it, so I will be sore tomorrow, but I wanted to see what level 2 was like. I actually feel like level 2 might be easier than level one on its own. Not sure, but looking forward to results in 30 days. I also agree that it gets hard to stay excited about the same workout every day....listening to the same comments, etc. but I think it will be worth it in the end.