Pumpkin Peanut Butter French Toast ~Healthy

Options
sammyjo0402
sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
Delicious!!!

1/3 c. canned pumpkin
2 tbsp. powdered peanut butter (such as PB2) (I just used my regular Skippy Natural creamy with honey)
1/2 ripe peach, thinly sliced
1 whole wheat sandwich thin
1 egg white
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Nutmeg, to taste
Syrup, to taste (I used apricot jam instead)

Directions:
Combine powdered peanut butter (or regular peanut butter) and pumpkin in a bowl and set aside. Whisk together egg white and pumpkin pie spice. Dredge sandwich thin in egg white mixture. Spray a skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Cook sandwich thin slices at a medium-high heat until egg mixture is set, flipping once. Remove sandwich thins from griddle and spread one half with pumpkin peanut butter mixture and layer peach slices on the other half. Press two halves together and cover in syrup and sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired. << I also just used one piece of bread. Tastes just as wonderful and is filling with some egg on side. (:

Replies

• sammyjo0402
    Options
    Total recipe comes to:
    234 calories.... 27 carbs.... 9g. of fat... 7g. of protein... and 13g. of sugar
    (: Enjoy! It's wonderful!
  • sammyjo0402
    Options
    I'll bump this once since I posted this early. It really is delicious to try!
  • awaters24
    awaters24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I like french toast, but I will definitely try this one!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I like french toast, but I will definitely try this one!
  • sammyjo0402
    Options
    To be honest with you I have always hated french toast. I couldn't stand it... but mainly now, I realize, because of the syrup. It was disgusting. So I just used the apricot jam on top of the peaches and it was wonderful! You could just simply toast the bread though and skip the egg white with pumpkin spice part. I have leftover spread from the dish and I'm just gonna smear that on toast in the morning.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Although, I'll wait to buy a real pumpkin instead.
  • sammyjo0402
    Options
    Yeah I haven't really had much of pumpkin anything other than like pumpkin pie once a year haha. So it was really neat to try this!
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    OMG I am def. going to make this over the weekend
    YuMMMMMMM
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump