I'm bored and I want to eat! Wahhh!

Options
I'm a law student, watching a basketball game and reading Con Law :yawn: and I disagree with the Court over and over here :mad: ... so it's like reading a book that tells me my religion is wrong, but there's nothing I can do about it. :grumble: And I just want ... something. Except I don't. I just want to not read this poo and be doing something fun (I'd almost clean my house instead of this, but I've got to get the reading done.) :sad: :sad: :sad:

Kay :happy: all better - big girl panties are back on! I hope everyone else is having a better Saturday, and those stuck inside with all that snow stay safe and warm!

Replies

• Libbiel1984
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! I ate a frozen chicken cordon bleu for lunch...just because I was bored, and too lazy to fix something good. So than I made myself work out for an 1 and 45 minutes because I felt so guilty. I am unfortunately snowed in and trying to fight the snacking because I am bored!!
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    I don't have the excuse of being snowed in....I'm just bored!!!! :ohwell: Just ate chips and salsa for no reason what so ever... :noway: .total boredom....it's cold here in Louisiana....and wet from the rain yesterday...so just not much to do but sit around and watch TV....guess I'll go do a some aerobics in my bedroom....surely I can't eat and workout at the same time!! :wink:
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Probably the biggest problem I am working on is how much I snack when I'm bored or think I'm hungry. It's actually tracking my diet online that keeps me from snacking too much. I remember that I want to save my calories for dinner or lunch depending on the time of day. Just seeing what a difference snacking makes on my diet helps to try to remember not too go too crazy snacking when I'm bored. Good luck!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    snowed in here in VA---All I want to do is snack.....and yes we are snacking, but trying to eact low calorie stuff. It's so hard!
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I hate reading my text books too. They always make me want to take a nap, which isnt much better than eating junk food since I have four kids running around the house. lol. I feel you!!
  • rosey920
    Options
    I'm with all of you, I'm in a totally munchie mood right now. :(
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    This reminds me of a ridiculous poem that my friends I wrote about 7 years ago when I was in college- it was called "Finals Make You Fat" and went something like this:

Final Exams lead to studying. :ohwell:
    Studying leads to boredom. :yawn:
    Boredom leads to eating. :indifferent:
    Eating leads to being fat. :sad:
    Finals make you fat. :laugh: :tongue:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I want to eat too! What's the deal anyway? I haven't felt this urge in months.
  • SimplyChaotic
    Options
    hmm read my blog, and you'll understand.... Boredom Food!?
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Well hopefully everyone else was able to do like me (air popped popcorn and some Fiber One frosted cereal) to get some salty, some crunchy, some sweet and be full afterwards! Now if only we had a foot of snow here (in Alabama) to go shovel for some extra working out!

Glad to see I wasn't alone though - MFP is great! :bigsmile:

(and Finals SO make you fat!!!)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. I had my mid-afternoon snack about a half hour earlier than normal. I just couldn't hold off! But I'm fine now, and I'll be able to hold out till dinner for my next meal. I have lots to do to keep me busy between now and then, so it shouldn't be a problem. I sure was sweating it earlier, though!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I feel your pain. Hang in there!
    361266.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter