Thunder Thighs

Options
All you ladies that previously had thunder thighs, how do your legs look now? Can I see photos?

I have horrible legs and want to try and reduce them! if you did, get your legs slimmed down, how long did it take?

Thanks x

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Running is the fastest way to get your legs looking hot.
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I need this answer too. My thighs look like hamhocks covered in cottage cheese... NOT attractive.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I agree! Running is AWESOME for the legs! I always get compliments on my calves, very muscular :blushing:
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Running is the best - or squats and lunges.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    You can't spot reduce., but as you lose more weight, it will come from all parts of your body. I know I have great legs - underneath the layer of fat currently on top of my muscles. Lift heavy things and run a little. 80% kitchen, 20% gym!
  • ndurrell
    Options
    There is a squat challenge for Sept that should help tone your legs.
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I wore shorts for the first time ever this year... My legs are not perfect by any means! But so much better than before... I can now really notice! I put it down to elliptical and stationary cycling..... I have ankles for the first time in my life xxx
  • ThePilotsGirl
    ThePilotsGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    cycling is great too!
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    cycling is great too!

Agreed! Especially for the bottom!
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    my legs have went down from what they use to be, i know also can see my ankles, and more definition in my calfs, my thighs are going down not where i want them to be at yet, but i never thought about taking pictures of them i just know i can get into pants i couldnt get into before and some of my pants that were snug in the thighs are looser. I agree with the rest i do zumba and they always have one track dedicated to squats and since i do that 4 times a week and sometimes twice a day that helps i want to start running i think since the weather is getting nicer and not too hot i will try the C25K again. I would love to have logn lean legs!!!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am clueless on how to post pictures in the forums but I can say for myself, it took about 1 year of Running (training for my halfs and fulls), full body strength training, eating cleaner and better, and also stretching a lot dynamically, after and at yoga to get my thighs down by about 4 inches around I would say...maybe less. All I know is this year was the first year in my life I have felt confident wearing shorts and I have to admit I have never been huge, 25 pounds is my weight loss total. Anyways, find what you LOVE and stick with it and you will see results!
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Use the muscles you want improvement for, so I'd go with running. I too, am 'gifted' with larger thighs.. and my cousins use to tease me by calling me thunder thighs, even though I was thin. I have been running and it is working wonders.. I still have bigger legs and always will but having them strong and healthy looking as opposed to chunky monkey.. is so much better for me.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    cycling is great too!

Agreed! Especially for the bottom!

For reals?! :noway: I'm about ta get my *kitten* on a bike!
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is the first time in my life that I have ever lost inches on my thighs...it's hard to see...but look at my profile pic before and after....can't really see the before...but I did have thunder thighs...I'll never be one of those girls who's thighs don't touch...but I am pretty happy the way it's going!

YOGA! :)
  • trudance4
    Options
    I dont know why but running really kills me, educes my asthma and I always end up taking an asthma attack everytime I have ran, so I have given that up completely! Cycling may be my best option ;) x
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I need this answer too. My thighs look like hamhocks covered in cottage cheese... NOT attractive.

Hahaha, yeah that pretty much sums me up too =\
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Running + lifting heavy + good nutrition with adequate protein + appropriate calorie deficit for the amount of weight I needed to lose. Running in itself just made me a smaller version of the same shape. Lifting changed my body.

rear-view-1.jpg

bikini-front-copy.jpg

I already lost 20 pounds when the first picture was taken. I was running and doing cardio-based strength training with body weight exercises and 5# dumbbells. Around the time the second picture was taken, I was just barely starting heavy lifting.
  • trudance4
    Options
    Running + lifting heavy + good nutrition with adequate protein + appropriate calorie deficit for the amount of weight I needed to lose. Running in itself just made me a smaller version of the same shape. Lifting changed my body.

rear-view-1.jpg

bikini-front-copy.jpg

I already lost 20 pounds when the first picture was taken. I was running and doing cardio-based strength training with body weight exercises and 5# dumbbells. Around the time the second picture was taken, I was just barely starting heavy lifting.

WOW you look great :) x
  • mamabearcushing
    mamabearcushing Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I dont have pics but running is the best way. I started running over the summer and my legs have never looked so good. I feel running outside works better then running on a treadmill when it comes to sexy legs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!