Football season

Options

Replies

• ShellyJKFIT
    Options
    GO BUCKS, BABY!!!! O-H-I-O!!!!
  • Sandwiches5000
    Options
    Someone's gotta represent for Michigan here... I'm a grad student at U of M... GO BLUE
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Not really into College ball but I love the NFL. I am a Steelers Girl forever and ever!! Last week's game was luck that the Bronco's won but I predict another Superbowl win!!!

***I'm with you ALL THE WAY!!! GO STEELERS!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Oh american football......there was me thinking it was about the beautiful game. ;-)
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What's with all the Rex Ryan haters in here????? J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    It's always at football season here at my office - i am an Eagles fan - and sit next to a Cowboys fan! and our supervisor is a Steelers fan...kind of messed up we are all in the same office.......! :laugh:

Oh yeah! If you love the Colts you now have to pull for the Broncos. The Colts made a bad decision (but my Bears loved that bad decision on Sunday :laugh: )

I don't think the colts made a bad decision. Yes, Manning can still play, and play well. But there are 2 things - 1) Colts were clearly in a rebuilding mode. All of the issues last year cannot be all on Curtis Painter. Peyton going back to the colts would have led to the Colts trying to patchwork a decent team around him or left Manning on a bad team. 2) How durable is Manning. He played great in one game, and may be great this year, but I'm not sure the colts could afford to bet that he'd be a solid QB for another 4 years. The Broncos, though, had a gaping hole at QB and were solid everywhere else. It was prudent for them to get Manning to fill the void.

I think it ended up being a good move by both sides.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    CU-Boulder Buffaloes: Win or lose, we always booze! And I have no doubt in which state we'll be boozing this whole season! :ohwell:
    Denver Broncos: I support all the Colorado/Denver teams by default, but I can't honestly say I'm a "fan" of any of them.
    Green Bay Packers: I love me some Mason Crosby!! :love: Takes me back to the days when the Buffs won some games...

Oh, and I will also reiterate that regardless of who is playing, football + beer = good times :drinker:
  • caitles14
    Options
    BUFFALO BILLS!!!!! i will always be a diehard fan. (i know, i know...i'm already bracing myself for the jokes)
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Huge Steelers fan! I cheer for anyone playing against the Patriots or the Cowboys.

For college I'm a huge UK fan. GO BIG BLUE!
  • Brdrclymom
    Options
    Love Love Love my Chargers!!! I spend every game at THE best Chargers Bar in Vegas (Michael's Pub)!! Just so I don't tempt myself on naughty bar munchies, I make sure to eat a meal before I leave the house and take a zippy bag with some air popped popcorn and throw a Fiber One 90 calorie bar in my purse. I allocate myself 3 or 4 beers and drink a bottle of water also! I can keep losing the poundage during football!!!!!!
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I don't think the Colts made the wrong decision. Even without that injury, Peyton might have two good years left. Andrew Luck will be a force in this league for the next 12-15 years. I'm a Texans fan and literally hate the Colts but I was always a Peyton Manning fan (I know it sounds weird) because I always respected his professional approach to the game.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    We watch college football, and i'm an OU fan, but honestly, I don't care who's playing, as long as football is on the tv and there is an ice cold beer in my hand.

Thread is over. WINNER.

Lol, I love you!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    It's always at football season here at my office - i am an Eagles fan - and sit next to a Cowboys fan! and our supervisor is a Steelers fan...kind of messed up we are all in the same office.......! :laugh:

Oh yeah! If you love the Colts you now have to pull for the Broncos. The Colts made a bad decision (but my Bears loved that bad decision on Sunday :laugh: )

I don't think the colts made a bad decision. Yes, Manning can still play, and play well. But there are 2 things - 1) Colts were clearly in a rebuilding mode. All of the issues last year cannot be all on Curtis Painter. Peyton going back to the colts would have led to the Colts trying to patchwork a decent team around him or left Manning on a bad team. 2) How durable is Manning. He played great in one game, and may be great this year, but I'm not sure the colts could afford to bet that he'd be a solid QB for another 4 years. The Broncos, though, had a gaping hole at QB and were solid everywhere else. It was prudent for them to get Manning to fill the void.

I think it ended up being a good move by both sides.

Sorry but I completely disagree. Colts were just wanting "Luck."
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I will also reiterate that regardless of who is playing, football + beer = good times :drinker:

Amen to that!
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Not really into College ball but I love the NFL. I am a Steelers Girl forever and ever!! Last week's game was luck that the Bronco's won but I predict another Superbowl win!!!

Stairway to 7!! So excited for football season. Pittsburgh's heart and soul
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Huge Steelers fan! I cheer for anyone playing against the Patriots or the Cowboys.

For college I'm a huge UK fan. GO BIG BLUE!

Oh, honey please tell me you mean BBall and not FBall! I love my Cats, but Joker is just that.....a Joke! They looked TERRIBLE against L'ville, and I fear we are going to have another crappy year (not that we have very many good ones). That's okay though, Midnight Madness should be soon!! :wink:

C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!
  • ervine
    ervine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the Steelers!! Unfortunately I live in Cincinnati so I get a lot of comments when I am sporting my gear on game days. The start of football season also adds an interesting dynamic to my marriage (my hubby is a HUGE Bengals fan : O) .

Things I cannot stand....Tim Tebow and Tom Brady ; )
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I never understood the Brady hate. He's a winner, a little arrogant but I think he has a right to be considering his accomplishments.

I actually like Tebow. Nice kid. I don't care for all the media pinheads that give him unnecessary coverage.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~obviously a Charger Fan.:bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile: :love:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I never understood the Brady hate. He's a winner, a little arrogant but I think he has a right to be considering his accomplishments.

I actually like Tebow. Nice kid. I don't care for all the media pinheads that give him unnecessary coverage.

Part of the Brady hate comes from his arrogance. Part of it comes from just being part of a very good team for a very long time (I call it the "Yankee effect"). Part of it comes from him being perceived as such a big whiner that they created a whole rule due to his injury a few years ago (clearly, the rule was not a result of his whining - but it is perception). I'm sure there is more that I'm missing.

Just as a personal statement - As you have seen, I don't like a lot of athletes, coaches and teams. That doesn't mean I can't/don't recognize that they are good players. I just actively root against them. Unfortunately, since they are good, I am usually disappointed.