Ladies, I'm looking for a good training bra...

Options
I've considered shopping at Nike for a decent one because I don't want to buy something cheap that's not supportive. Most of the things there are great quality.
I just wanted to look around a few places and see if anyone else had suggestions before I spent my money on something that isn't going to work. If any of you know ones that work for you within a $10-60 price range, that would be awesome. It doesn't need to look fantastic, but that would be a bonus. ;)

I know I have to try it in to really see if it works for me, I just find it a great time saver getting suggestions from others.

Thanks!

EDIT: I didn't mean training bra, I meant work out bra. LOL I'm not 13.

Replies

• geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I bought a Champion sports bra from Target for $17. I love it! I'm a D-cup and wear and XL. It's comfortable and supportive. I took up jogging recently, and I don't have any issues with "fly-ups" (if you catch my drift). It also doesn't roll up like some sports bra.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    If you have big boobs, DO NOT go the Nike route. They're cute, but offer very little in the way of support

I've found that Champion, Under Armour, and Moving Comfort make the best bras. Make sure to get the bra appropriate for your activity (ie: high impact bra for running....)
  • emo1234
    Options
    My god i found the best sports bra!! I've always struggled finding a good one, especially having larger lady lumps but the underarmour sports bra is the definition of support!! its a bit pricey (like $70) but i feel like ill keep it forever! happy shopping :)
  • natuhlay
    natuhlay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm a D-cup so I'd definitely need that support.

Awesome suggestions, thanks again! :)
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    aahhhahahah you're 19 and wear a training bra........opp's did I say that out loud? lol i'm just kidding :laugh:
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Glamorise makes a good one, and guarantees you not to "fly up". They are available on Amazon for $20-$30.
  • donfed
    Options
    You need a shock absorb bra... there around £15 I have DD and its brilliant
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Warning for brightly colored, cheap workout bras!

I bought a bright pink one from TJMaxx last spring ($7), and I kid you not, after dozens of washes, it continues to stain my other clothes as well as dripping pink dye all over my bathroom when it gets wet with sweat.

Be REALLY careful...either get a quality bra that won't run the colors or be prepared for splotches all over your light colored clothing.

Pissed me off! >:( Ruined another one of my t-shirts in the wash last night....
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I buy my sport bras from Target. They are the champion ones, they support really well, come in loads of colors and are between 12-17 dollars. They do go on sale. They are super comfy as well!
  • EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You need a shock absorb bra... there around £15 I have DD and its brilliant

Completely agree, I'm a G and i can jump up and down and they barely move, they are fantastic bras!
  • Sixel
    Sixel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber, the one for running (purple).

I'm a D and everything stays in place.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I've been happy with a few styles from Moving Comfort (these run a little big in the band, so I suggest ordering down one band size if you can't try it on) and one from Champion. I always buy the type of sports bra that has an underwire bra made of stiff fabric underneath a compression sort of layer so it doesn't look like underwear if you wear it alone. Moving Comfort carries a much wider range of sizes and large cup sizes than Champion does.

This is my favorite of the Moving Comfort line: http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Comfort-Womens-Maia-Black/dp/B001B1RQ72/ref=sr_1_4?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1347395372&sr=1-4&keywords=moving+comfort+fiona

I've heard really great things about the Enell Frog Bra, but just looking at those dozen of hooks makes my head hurt.

ETA: If you find the bra still moves slightly with high impact activity like running, try a little Body Glide under the band to prevent chafing.
  • koyongi
    koyongi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort, Moving Comfort, Moving Comfort.
    Cute, reasonable prices, heavy duty.
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    <<< I found an excellent support system, and I am willing to offer assistance for anyone in need. :)
  • GrammyPammy145
    GrammyPammy145 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just had this conversation yesterday with some friends that are runners. I too want to start running but the boobie problem has made me leery. Moving Comfort was the brand that everyone liked. AAAANNND they said you should go to a running store to get measured for a bra. A lot of women wear the wrong size. Another suggestion is for BodyGlide for hotspots or places that rub. :smile:
  • Pema91
    Options
    I am a 32 E British size and I think my Shock Absorber bra is amazing - never had support like it! Expect to pay a little more but this really is an investment.

P.
  • Pema91
    Options
    <<< I found an excellent support system, and I am willing to offer assistance for anyone in need. :)

^This!
  • westie007
    westie007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber, the one for running (purple).

I'm a D and everything stays in place.

I agree Shock absorber best sports bra for all levels of activities and in some pretty colours.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 DD and I wear Nike dri-fit bras. They rock.