Hello! UK Student looking for motivation...

Options
Hello, I'm Katie. I started MFP just over a month ago and have lost 4.6 kg so far. I haven't started going to the gym yet, although I'm planning on getting a personal trainer to help me keep motivated. My only problem now is that I've just come back to university, where I'm living with my cousin who is overweight and doesn't care, so she eats a lot of bad foods, and its all food that I love to eat, and miss. So I'm needed some support more than ever to keep going :)

Also, as a student, I'm worried about nights out and drinking high calorie drinks, whilst at the same time I can't eat less those days...it's a tricky one. So if anyone has any tips about that, I'd be grateful.

Add me if you like, I'd love the support and motivation. I only have a few friends at the moment and they have all given up really.

Replies

• kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi , congrats on your loss so far :) It is difficult when those around you aren't supporting you , maybe when they see your progress they will change their habits , well I hope they do :)
  • bermese2002
    Options
    Me too...she would look so much better if she didn't eat so much, and she'd be healthier too.... I'm trying to get her to come to the gym with me, and avoid McDonalds as much as possible...
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Darling, from experience, the only one you can influence/change is yourself, so focus on that. A good example (with a pinch of envy) is waaaaaay more effective and helpful than all the words.