NSV- Colleagues getting started on MFP

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
Although I have not lost a lot of weight but it is visible and my colleagues in the office have been asking me about it. I told them about the use of MFP and now couple of them today asked me to help them in getting started on MFP. Does this count as my NSV?

Replies

• princessheather26
    Options
    Yes it means you are inspiring people!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    ^^^Agreed! Totally inspriring!! And your success is being noticed!
  • tereced
    tereced Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    it sure does!!
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yep that's a victory!!! Plus it is much easier on this journey when we have other's in our immediate environment on the journey with us!!!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yep definately a NSV if you are inspiring others to follow your lead!
  • leska1216
    Options
    . Does this count as my NSV?

What is NSV?? There are more acronyms on this site than I have ever seen anywhere before. Is there a dictionary somewhere????
  • Ghilber
    Ghilber Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've got my work colleagues, family, friends all using MFP.

It's way better when you have a heap of people to keep an eye on.

Now, when I get my phone out to kill some time, I check MFP before I check Facebook and my emails.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! !!! That is awesome!!!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options

What is NSV?? There are more acronyms on this site than I have ever seen anywhere before. Is there a dictionary somewhere????

Non scale victory? I think? *looking confused* I'm a newbie and it threw me as well
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options

Non scale victory? I think? *looking confused* I'm a newbie and it threw me as well

Yes, it is a Non Scale Victory.
    To the op, that is wonderful! I have had several people at work ask me how I've been losing weight. I try to get them to try MFP, but so far, no one has wanted to.
  • umer76
    Options
    I myself only recently came to know about NSV, non-scale victory!! Then I thought why don't I post my NSV too:) It is always good if people around you start using MFP and then it is a healthy competition and positive discussions going on. This Saturday they are already planning to go on bike tour.....yikes I cannot cycle more than 40 minutes:)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    great job dude!!!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yes it definitely counts and is also a way of cutting down the cakes/biscuits and other crap that gets brought into the office on a regular basis.

Try getting everyone to chuck a couple of quid in and having a communal fruitbowl.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Yes it means you are inspiring people!

P.S. 14 kgs is a great loss! Keep it up!
  • umer76
    Options
    Yes it definitely counts and is also a way of cutting down the cakes/biscuits and other crap that gets brought into the office on a regular basis.

Try getting everyone to chuck a couple of quid in and having a communal fruitbowl.

A big NO to office cakes/biscuits and especially chocolates, every week we have something coming. Fruitbowl is a good idea actually:)
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Excellent! You're doing a great job for yourself and your colleagues. :-) I'll bet your workplace has a supportive atmosphere - your co-workers appreciated that you're getting yourself healthy & that they could do the same. Win all round! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!