Runner who needs to lose before track!

Options
Hey everyone! I am a high school senior that is heavily involved in both track and cross country. Over the last few years I have watched my weight creep up, and my times get slower. Since it is my senior year, I have decided to truly follow through with losing some weight this time, rather than going for a week or two then deciding it is too hard. I'm thinking this will help me succeed... I'm excited to begin on this life-changing journey with all you guys! :D

Replies

• lisahiller
    Options
    hey gypsygal! good for you for tracking your food intake. from experience, I can tell you that my run times have dropped significantly since losing about 10 lbs. I have 5 more I want to take off and that's why I'm here. Keep up the good work! btw, what events do you run? I'm a marathon, half marathon and triathlete
  • gypsygal2010
    Options
    I do the 800m, 1500m, and 4x400m relay in track.. for XC I generally do varsity which is 5k.. :D
  • Momboots4
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I use to be all about sports then I got pregnant which led to depression/eating. I want to get back into shape so I can be more invovled with my boys. Hopefully I can stay on track with this too.
  • kahlandir
    Options
    Go gypsygal2010! :D Sounds like a great goal. With those kinds of events, you're obviously quite involved, and dedicated. I'm new here as well, but... I already think this will be a huge help =] Good luck!
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I hope you stay dedicated to yourself.