HAVING A MELT-DOWN

Options
:sad: TODAY I WENT INTO MELT DOWN I'M TIRED I'VE GOT ALOT TO DO. AND I WANT "CRUNCHY"
I ATE LOTS OF SALAD NOW I WANT NUTS........SOMETHING. I'VE LOST 10 LBS DOWN FROM 286 I DON'T WHAT TO GIVE UP OR MESS UP AGAIN. THIS HAS BEEN A FOREVER BATTLE (MY WEIGHT) FOR ME. GERM

Replies

• GERMAINE
    Options
    :sad: TODAY I WENT INTO MELT DOWN I'M TIRED I'VE GOT ALOT TO DO. AND I WANT "CRUNCHY"
    I ATE LOTS OF SALAD NOW I WANT NUTS........SOMETHING. I'VE LOST 10 LBS DOWN FROM 286 I DON'T WHAT TO GIVE UP OR MESS UP AGAIN. THIS HAS BEEN A FOREVER BATTLE (MY WEIGHT) FOR ME. GERM
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You can actually have a few nuts, they have awesome nutritional value, but because they are high in fat, you will have to limit them. So have a couple almonds or walnuts. You need to relax a little, just because you are counting your calories does not mean that you have to deprive yourself. The people that deprive themselves are not going to be as successful in the long run as they will get too stressed from dieting. Remember...you are doing this to get healthier, stress will not help you get there. Limit the amount of nuts and enjoy them. :wink:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a "good fat" and I have found that if I have just a handful of almonds, it satisfies my need for a crunch and my appetite for quite a while. Like neverbeenskinny said, just don't over do it, but let yourself have them for a yummy and healthy treat.
  • GERMAINE
    Options
    :flowerforyou: THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUICK AND HELPFUL RESPONSE. HAVE A NICE EVENING. GERM
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have days like that. Try a rice cake with peanut butter and your favorite jelly. It is fewer calories than a sandwich and takes care of cravings and definately fills the void.

You can do this. I began at 280 in Aug. I am now at 250.

Eve
  • GERMAINE
    Options
    I ATE LOTS OF SALAD NOW I WANT NUTS........SOMETHING. I'VE LOST 10 LBS DOWN I DON'T WHAT TO GIVE UP OR MESS UP AGAIN. THIS HAS BEEN A FOREVER BATTLE (MY WEIGHT) FOR ME. GERM
  • GERMAINE
    Options
    I ATE LOTS OF SALAD NOW I WANT NUTS........SOMETHING. I'VE LOST 10 LBS I DON'T WHAT TO GIVE UP OR MESS UP AGAIN. THIS HAS BEEN A FOREVER BATTLE (MY WEIGHT) FOR ME. GERM
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    I feel your pain....
    we have young kids so we eat fairly early, 5-530... but by 9pm I'm starving :explode:
    I say between 9-10pm everynight without fail, is my super hungry time... And for the most part
    I want sweets..........
    Any ideas ladies?? I need help.....
  • jmlane1981
    Options
    I am the same way. I just ate a bread and butter pickle, it is kind of crunchy and sweet, not sour like most pickles and it is only 20 calories.
  • tdroseler
    Options
    germ-- take it easy hun...first of all , you are doing fabulous. You have accomplished a major thing by loosing the 10lbs...that is awesome. Second, you have already made a couple of great choices, choosing the salad and the nuts. Try other raw veggies too. But, if i may...i think rather than turning to food to take care of your stress, maybe go out for a while...take a walk, enjoy the night air. Pick up the phone, call someone you can vent to. Try to do somethign to get your mind off the stress, let the binge stage pass.

Bunny-- if you are looking for something sweet...try some fat free vanilla yogurt. Add some fresh fruit. I love mine with chopped apple and a bit of cinnamon. it really does satisfy my sweet tooth. plus it is higher in protien, fills you up and lasts. I also like to have peanutbutter on my apple slices, kinda messy, but that just makes it more fun, lol...makes it feel even more like a "treat".
  • pamschwab3
    Options
    If you're craving sweets, try this:
    Cake Mix Cookies
    1 box of any type of cake mix (I use good ol' chocolate)
    0.5 cup unsweetened applesauce
    4 oz egg substitute (like egg beaters)

Mix, spoon in tbsps onto cookie pan, and cook at 375 degrees for about 12 min

They are awesome...just be sure to limit yourself to one or two per day

60 calories per cookie
    1 gram of fat per cookie

(Sorry, that's all the nutrition info I have)
  • traumarn
    traumarn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Relax, eat some nuts they are good for you. However, they are high in fat (good fat) just eat a small amount. Also try crunchy veggies. Do not deprive yourself, that’s when you run into trouble. When I am busy I try to write down a menu the day before and cross things off as I go. Also take a water bottle will you.
  • buiebunch
    Options
    I feel your pain....
    we have young kids so we eat fairly early, 5-530... but by 9pm I'm starving :explode:
    I say between 9-10pm everynight without fail, is my super hungry time... And for the most part
    I want sweets..........
    Any ideas ladies?? I need help.....

I found juice pops in the freezer section that only have 60 cal. That is what I eat at night if I need something sweet.
  • rdecember6
    rdecember6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bunny-
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwhiches baby! They are 140 cals per and it isn't that crappy "no-taste" ice cream. Honest! I eat 'em as much for the cookies as I do the ice cream. It's two soft chocolate cookies and probably a half cup almost of ice cream. So for the cals it's a great deal!

If you are a "piece of candy" person (which I REALLY am) I reccomend the sour Jelly Bellys or the Starburst Jelly Beans. You basically get to eat around 35 pieces for 100 cals. Sometimes I get more pleasure out of a small burst of flavor 35 times over a few bites of something else. Make sense?

Here's a homemade one...Low fat graham crackers with honey on top and then sprinkled with cinnimon (and nutmeg if you really like the spice). This isn't necessarily a lot of food for the calories because honey has its cals, but it's VERY SWEET! Plus you can break them up into their little sections and really stretch that snack out!

Hope that helps! -Raney
  • serenity1272
    Options
    First off don't feel like your the only one...I have found the flavored rice cakes....the white cheddar are only 45 cals each and they cure the salty, crunchy craving....

On a side note....JEN YOU ROCK!!! I am going to make those cookies....that is so GREAT!!! I am also all over the Skinny Cow bars....

Thanks for all of the great ideas!!!!!!:flowerforyou: