The Scales aren't moving

Options
I have been with MFP for a while but 4 weeks ago something FINALLY clicked and I'm now on a Mission. I have been really serious about counting my calories and doing exercise daily. I have lost only 3 kilo in 4 weeks. This week I actually PUT ON 100 grams. My exercise this week 2 Boot camps, 2 Cardio Fat burning classes, 12 Km walk, 20km bike ride and 5km Interval run/walk program.

If one more bloody person tells me it's muscle I'll kill them!!! My clothes haven't become baggy either.

I'm not really keen to try any weird diet eg no carbs, shakes as I believe in normal healthy eating, but I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions how to move this weight (need to loose about 20 kg).

Replies

• sipp123
    Options
    Have you tried eating more frequently? Keep the same amount in a day but spread it into more meals. Another thing to try is stop eating say at 7pm. Thats what I am doing.

One thing that I remember a trainer tell me was "don't overtrain or overworkout". You need to give your body a chance to recover and rebuild from your workouts. In the 20s I didn't care about rest, sleep, recovery. Now in my mid 30s I find I have to pay attention to that.
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    In my ongoing journey to figure this out I have come accross some information.

Try changing your calories for a week. I don't know your situation, but go up or down about 200 calories depending on what you are currently doing. Try that change for a week and see if it makes a difference for you.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    3 kilos in 4 weeks is great! That's 6.6 pounds!

If you have recently stepped up your exercise program, your body is storing more glycogen in your muscles, and that is stored with water. It's normal to see a gain of 1-3 lbs when beginning or increasing exercise. So it's not muscle--you were correct about that--but it involves changes to your muscles.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    After intense workouts our bodies have a tendency to flood muscle with excess water to cushion them and help them heal. That's likely what's giving you the higher reading on the scale and it will go away with time.

In order to give you more specific advice we'd need to see your diary. Or at least have more details about how much you're eating, etc.
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-6 times a day & ALWAYS eat 50-100 grams of protein & under 100 grams of carbohydrates each day. NO SUGAR at all EVER!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Your hard workouts require a lot of energy - are you fueling your workouts and your weightloss?
    If your deficit is too large your body will hoard fat. Check out the link to see what you calorie target should be for the amount of exercise you are doing.. With the number and type of workouts you are doing you very active! Are you eating above your BMR and about 20% below your TDEE?
    PM me if you need help working the numbers