Do you eat Sardines?

Options
Does anyone eat sardines like the ones in the tin? I've been reading on the internet that they are really healthy for you, loaded with nutrients!

So do you eat them if so how? they look soo gross but i've never even tried them..

Replies

• 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    You could try them on crackers like the oysters in a can. Or just go catch a damn salmon and smoke it:)
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    my brother used to eat them on toast for breakfast.
    but i don't like them
  • NewNalu
    Options
    I love fish of all kinds. Raw, smoked, poached, seared....fresh water and salt. But I can't bring myself to enjoy a Sardine. I've tried them multiple times and just don't like them!
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My brother eats them straight from the tin for a protein hit, haha. But they're good warmed up and on toast, in sandwiches, on a crisp bread, on salad etc
  • archgeo
    archgeo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Grab a fork, open tin & eat. Brush teeth or chew gum (can repeat a little at times). On toast, rice also nice but I'm always in a rush so just a fork and tin for me.
  • Atsumi
    Atsumi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My husband loves them. He purchase the ones that are seasoned and eat them straight from the can. I personally do not eat them.
  • RCS17
    RCS17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    All the time! I love the kind with hot sauce! *nom nom nom*
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I love um on toasted bread - get good quality ones - ones without any bones and then smash them up a bit - if you have calroues left butter is cool if not they are great by themselves. They are really tasty and very good for you
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    They are better warmed up. Fry them in the oil in the tin for a quick store cupboard dinner.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No. I don't eat fish. It smells like fish, which is never a compliment.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    All the time! I love the kind with hot sauce! *nom nom nom*

thisssssssssssss
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love them! Even turned my 10-year-old son onto them! :laugh:
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    where can you find oysters in a can? I want some but havent seen them anywhere
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    So this is the THIRD time today, in three different places that someone has mentioned sardines. Weird.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    love them, its just too much of a bother for me. BECAUSE they are so small and I detest the bones and veins. It's messy to have to split them open and pick that crap out of them. After I clean them out I quirt some mustard on them and thats darn good eating.
  • kiltiemacbagpipes6
    Options
    I second the thought about toast or rye crispbread! I prefer kippers to sardines, but they both make an awesome protein-rich breakfast.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Karincakes you have an AWESOME back
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    ew no. I hate seafood. but if I were forced at gunpoint to try them (unlikely scenario) I would try one of two options.

1. chop them up and make authentic caesar dressing with a recipe from the internet
    2. chop and sautee them. add to a creamy pasta dish. I have heard on food network and from rachel ray it gives a nutty/salty flavor. I would probably sautee them with plenty of chopped mushrooms and onions and garlic so I could camoflage them. Mixed in a creamy fettucine and topped with parmesan I think even I could handle that. (Would have to find a lowcal recipe for alfredo cream sauce though and use whole wheat or brown rice pasta)
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yes, I like the smaller ones in olive oil. Those are the best. And they are great with hot sauce too.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    The bones bother be so I eat the smoked canned herring. So good! I also add hot sauce.