How do I go to a bar and still watch my calories?

Options
I like to go out with my friends on the weekend to bars and what not and was wondering how do I keep my calorie intake under control at the bar? I usually like to have a few drinks and don't really like diet soda?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• jay3261550
    jay3261550 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I dont know how much this will help u but heres what I do! I only let myself drink on either Fri or Sat instead of both and which ever day I choose I try to use that day as my cheat day since I know I will b consuming a lot of calories in alcohol. Also even though I do not like it I drink diet dr pepper (its the only diet beverage I can stand) with my Jim Beam. Also if u drink beer there are a lot of lower calories choices out there to choose from. Good luck!
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    water will help and you can add lemon slice and sweetner or bring packs of crystal light and add to the water. God Bless, Brenda
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Vodka, Water w/ Bar Lime

MMM
  • csd2583
    Options
    Here are a few options that seem to help me:
    1. I try to stick with 1 or 2 glasses of wine, alot fewer calories in wine than mixed drinks. And alternate the glasses of wine with glasses of sparkling water or club soda w/ lemon or lime.
    2. If I really feel like a vodka drink, I stay away from the juice mixers (orange juice/ Cranberry juice) & ask for Vodka with sparking water (a few bars I frequent DO have sparkling water at the bar....or club soda) with just a SPLASH of cranberry or orange juice.
    3. I've also asked for a vodka & club soda & brought along my own crystal light packets (lemonade/ green tea w/ raspberry). It actually tastes really good. Luckily most of my close friends are doing MFP too, so they are doing the same thing too!
  • rsimas
    rsimas Posts: 5
    Options
    Hard liquor like rum, tequila, and vodka have less carbs and calories. You could have a dt. coke and rum.
  • cla598
    Options
    Order a vodka & water with a splash of bar lime. Tastes good, no hangover, and I love it because pop makes me tend to want to burp but this doesn't have that effect
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    shots?

haha. That's what I usually do. but I rarely drink so when i do i want to be drunk, and that's the quickest low cal way to do it :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I alternate alcoholic drinks with soda water (ie unflavoured fizzy water). It comes in a glass with ice and lemon and a straw and looks like an alcoholic drink. This is an easy way to cut your calories in half.